TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 RSI and Vocal Pain No More!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
treboronline25 Posted - 05/27/2018 : 16:50:57
I have been meaning to post my story for a long time. Partly because I wanted to see that everything would settle down before posting it, I have been slow to get this written, even though so many posts make it clear that it's better to get your story out even when you are suffering because there are people who want to help. I am excited to finally share my TMS story and how I have been able to overcome it through this web site, others like it, and people who have put time and effort into telling their own stories and providing some direction on overcoming TMS.

After working on deciding how to best tell my story, being a person who tends to give a lot of details and wanting to be able to easily point people to my story, I threw it onto a website here: https://treboronline.weebly.com/

I will give a quick summary here, but I do not wish to dump that whole thing in this post! I suffered from TMS for about 1 year. It started with very mild discomfort on one side of my throat. It progressed over a period of six months to a point where talking became strenuous and painful and eventually difficult enough that I stopped talking almost completely. I also started developing what was diagnosed as RSI (repetitive strain injury) in both of my arms, to the point that I could no longer type or text without significant pain. Barely being able to take care of myself (getting dressed, eating, brushing my teeth) and being unable to communicate with anyone unless they could lip-read, I withdrew from everything socially and quit all my hobbies. I became very depressed, and I wasn't getting answers from any of the many doctors that I saw until I became aware of and then became convinced about TMS. The symptoms I had were physical, but the root cause was emotional. Before all this, I would not have believed that something like the pain that I had could be physically caused by my emotional state. I am now 99% free of the symptoms, meaning that I occasionally have some pain, but the pain is so mild and infrequent that it no longer prevents me from doing the things I want to do.

Though not listed on that web site, I am currently weaning off of my anti-depressant. It is interested as during this process, some symptoms have come back, but I expected that they might, and I am not letting it worry me. I will post again here later once I have been off the medicine for a while to let people who are interested hear more about that process.

Thank you so much to those who run this web site!!! It was the stories that convinced me about TMS and helped me understand some of the path to recovery, so I am forever grateful to all people who made those stories available. Please contact me if any part of my story is unclear or anything like that.

-TreborOnline25

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000