TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Anybody wonder why Peter still has TMS?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dave Posted - 06/26/2006 : 07:27:40
Thanks to Peter for providing a good example of somebody who has been unsuccessful at curing his TMS symptoms.

If the child on the outside behaves this way, can you imagine how the child on the inside must feel?

Conscious anger, oversensitivy to criticism, defensive posture ... these are all symptoms of repression.

I wish Peter well in his quest to rid himself of TMS. Clearly he's never gotten on track. We won't be hearing any more from him here.

And Peter, if you have any inclination to repeat your childish behavior with new accounts, please note that your IP address is logged and all abuse will be reported to your ISP.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tennis tom Posted - 06/28/2006 : 18:35:14
Hi Miche and Allan,

Thanks for the kind words and the .

Cyrano de Bergerac; EXACTLY!, that's who I was trying to remember.

Thanks,
tt
Allan Posted - 06/28/2006 : 18:18:20
To Tennis Tom

First, let me say that you have the best posts.

Secondly, the guy with the big nose was Cyrano de Bergerac played by Jose Ferrer romancing the lovely Roxane played by Mala Powers.

He stopped a sword fight because his opponent called him an "ass." Cryano went on at length suggesting many many other adjectives before resuming the match and in the end, his "sword thrust home." To poetry of course.

One of my favorite all time movies.

Allan.
miche Posted - 06/28/2006 : 15:33:15
lol......
tennis tom Posted - 06/28/2006 : 14:24:43
Hi Miche,

Let's compromise on Hanes's. Actually, out West, where I'm from, we have a lot of men who wear panties.

Cheers,
tt
miche Posted - 06/28/2006 : 12:43:54
Tom for the same of political correctness , you should have said your panties OR your shorts in a snit, ha! ha! Sorry I could not resist! All in good fun! Cheers buddy.
tennis tom Posted - 06/28/2006 : 11:55:52
Hi Board Members, (hopefully not bored members),

(Warning: I feel a long post coming on)

Well, that was certainly an exciting episode. I hope it wasn't anything I said. Actually, it would probably be useful, in a TMS research context, for Peter to return to the board, (after a very sincere apolgy), and report on the effects of his melt-down. Like Art said, he needs an eruption now and then, (glad to oblige Art).

I have no problem with being called an a-hole on the www, I've been called worse. It's usualy projection, butg sometimes accurate. Name callers are bad sports, and I try not to play with them again, if I can help it. I don't take it personally, they treat everyone the same way. After a couple of days, (and a couple of quarts), they have forgotten and repressd their bad behavior and want to play again. You just learn, that there is a psychological volcano building towards an eruption. Hopefully they puke-up on somebody else.

I could tell things weren't going to go well between Peter and me from the start. When I emerged from my depression, I posted a correction of a mis-statement by Peter, He stated Sarno's books weren't available on ebooks. I corrected him, for the benefit of others, that they were,(the TMS goodist in me). I have MINDBODY PRESCRIPTION, on my lap-top. The search feature, is much better than the printed version's index. I ment no slight to Peter.

As my politcal inclinatins emerged, through the "...Quackwatch" thread, Peter demonized me as the "American a-hole" amongst, other things, in a series of "vile" emails. We all need our demons: the Dems vs the Repubs, the Muslims vs the Christians, the Shiites vs the Sunnis, the French vs the Yanks, the city-slickers vs the hicks-in-the-sticks, etc.

I found it amusing, that Peter, who charcterized himself as such an intellectual bibliophile, would revert to form, and curse me like a fish-wife. It reminded me of the play, the name escapes me at the
moment,(Cyrano de Bergerac, thanks Allan), about the guy with the big nose, who soliloquizes about his tormentors lacking creativity, in their insults. I expected more from Peter in the insult department.

I think Peter had created a world for himself, as the board razorback, and became threatened when I and then Dj Hojo posted replys that Peter "perceived" as critical. For the life of me, I don't understand, what Peter read into Dj's post, as being critical.

If I am wrong, I like to be made aware of it--on the tennis court or in life. Serious tennis players, don't like it when you "give" them a call, anymore, than if you give them a bad call--they just want an accurate call, in a timely fashion.

Well, I'm prepared for folks to come out of the woodwork, who never make a post here to help anyone, to flame me for being so "harsh", "unsympathetic", "cruel", to poor Pete, (No, I do not have anyone in mind, so don't get your TMS panties in a pinch).

After what Pete said, to me, especially, I have no qualms about making a "tough-love" comment regarding his melt-down. And if he's lurking, it will do him more good than than all the "nice-nice" talk by the enablers.

The real-world, is rife with coflicts that create TMS pain, through the repression of anger. IMHO, it is better to deal with it in the "now", rather than stewing about it and letting it fester into TMS psychogenic pain. The Australians are much better at this than others. They probably have fewer lawyers.

In my neck of the woods, there is no debate. Everyone just agrees with each other on everything in the interest of political correctness. If you have the temerity to disagree, you risk being labeled, (behind your back of course), as a right-winger, neo-con and thrown out of the net-work of secondary gains:(cocktail-parties, BBQ's, tennis and croquet matches, insider trading and potential big money deals).

Being a TMS'er, amongst the 10% or so, on the planet, who "believe", I am de-facto an individualist. Being excluded, from the "club", makes no mind to me. I live by my own rules and my political beliefs are more in line with the anarchists, (since that's where our laissez-faire "culture" is headed anyway)--why waste energy swimming up-stream?

Wimbledon is on the telly, and I'm missing a good match between the Great American Hope, Andy Roddick and a pierced, tatooed, Serbian. The Serb, is breaking all the rules of grass-court tennis strategy, by drop-shoting.

All the "unpleasantness", of late, is making my inner-child rebel. I think I need a new ID. I like the sound of the name Watt and my initials are TF, so I'm torn between changing my monicker to WTF or "bed-bug". I'll dwell on it.

Cheers,
TT-WTF

miche Posted - 06/26/2006 : 08:28:37
Like Art I am sorry it ended this way, the whole episode is kind of sad, it sounds like Peter needs support more than ever, he is obviously in a lot of pain,and experiencing a lot of turmoil, hope he finds his way to some inner peace
art Posted - 06/26/2006 : 08:08:02
quote:
I agree that Peter has made some positive contributions here, and his old messages remain in the archive. It's sad that he chose this recent course of action.

Well that's something. If he's in pain over this, and he probably is, maybe he'll read that and have a somewhat better feeling about things
Dave Posted - 06/26/2006 : 07:52:56
In the time I have been maintaining this forum, this is the first time I have ever deleted an account of a contributing member. In fact, I did not delete his account until today when he littered the board with his childish behavior.

I agree that Peter has made some positive contributions here, and his old messages remain in the archive. It's sad that he chose this recent course of action.
art Posted - 06/26/2006 : 07:40:41
I have no idea what any of this was about, but just for the record I'm sorry to see Peter go. If I understood him correctly, he in fact has made lots of progress with his TMS, even if he himself lost sight of that at times. As I recall he was bedridden when he got here..

He was a smart, engaging poster for my money, often wrong, frequently exasperating, no doubt immature, but in my opinion he added a lot to the proceedings.

I'm sorry it ended this way.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000