TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 Goodbye RSI, Hello Career

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
elliot1 Posted - 01/20/2009 : 16:06:35
Hi, none of you know me so I'll fill you in!

I'm in my final year at Uni studying computing, having done 2 years of working as a web developer. The last 12 months have been trials and tribulations. The pressure of my final year found its outlet as RSI, something that really would cripple me in my industry (and most industries...). My optimism was continually lost to ever decreasing ability to spend time on the computer.
As I read up about symptoms for RSI, I soon found that I adopted them. My fingers were stiff and painful, but the moment I knew they could go numb and cold, I started to suffer from it also. The numbness is what really scared me, but in the end it's what pushed me further to find a cure because I could not stand it, the irony! Up until this point, I could barely outstretch my index finger to hit the keyboard.

I don't remember how I stumbled on it, but I found a link to Rachel's RSI page (http://podolsky.everybody.org/rsi/). This was perfect (thank you Rachel), which spawned links to other personal accounts (Conquerrsi.com, Tarpit Yoga - thanks!), and I soon became immersed in it all.
It was Fred Amir's book that beat the other books to my doorstep, and I read that from front to back that day. I gleefully took the advice on, and played a computer game for 20 minutes. The next day for an hour. And so on.
2 months on and I'm back using the keyboard and mouse 24-7. There are still twinges of feeling that I so vividly remember coursing through my veins (also in a literal sense). My hands are still colder than they should be, and they get a bit stiff at some points. But this is my homework, but it's not something I'm even actively pursuing.
I can complete my final year of uni, and go on to use a computer in my every day life.

Thanks for everything, this forum has really been the crutch of it all. I don't know what I'd have done without the knowledge of TMS, I really don't.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000