TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Stiffness of hip flexors

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
steffi Posted - 03/19/2009 : 17:41:39
Has anyone experienced this?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LuvtoSew Posted - 03/20/2009 : 16:21:38
positivebibes- excately what it says in the stretching book I got, hold for a count of 30 secs and get your blood moving first.
positivevibes Posted - 03/19/2009 : 23:32:26
My hip flexors have felt tight from time to time. I do a stretch for them several times per week. When they were really tight I did it every day, along with a bunch of other gentle stretches for my legs and hips, and I tried to walk every day at the park. It took a few weeks, but the tightness did ease up. Hot epsom salt baths really help, too! Use lots of salt....at least 2 cups per bath! It's relaxing and supposedly the salt helps the muscles to feel better.

I want to add....GENTLE stretching, don't overdo it. I only do 2 sets of 30 second "holds" for these things. Sometimes being overzealous on the stretching can create more problems than it solves.

Also, some people think that it's better to stretch after you're warmed up. So maybe go for a 15 minute walk first or something like that.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000