TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Insomnia and TMS?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Thizznick Posted - 11/08/2009 : 12:05:16
Hello,

I've struggled with insomnia for about two years now. It mysteriously went away about eight months ago right before I developed some chronic pain symptoms. After reading a couple of Sarno's books and seeing Dr. Schlecter, my pain symptoms gradually went away. But then I developed insomnia again. I realize it could just be a coincidence, but does any one know anything about TMS and insomnia or has anyone struggled with similar problems?

Thanks
Davis

David
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fox Posted - 11/23/2009 : 06:53:24
I like the phrase "doctor vortex" - it's so true - avoid the (non TMS) docs if at all possible. They can be your downfall.
Wavy Soul Posted - 11/23/2009 : 01:26:37
Great topic, especially as I'm up after trying to go to sleep, at 12:23 am, reading this damn forum (nothing personal intended). Still, I just ate some chocolate, so hopefully I'm right on track.

I'm very stressed, with issues to do with an angry sister, a dying mom, the sister also has cancer, she hates me, I can't afford to go be with the mom... lotsa stuff.

And yes, it constantly moves around in me, from one psychosomatic thing to another, including exhaustion AND insomnia, which are a nasty combo.

I do find it endlessly helpful to continually kind of laugh at my symptoms and not "freeze" around any one of them, and just keep moving forward. It's actually better that they move around and change, than that one of them become the Symptom Du Jour, or of the Year, and get me into a doctor vortex or something.

love to all

Love is the answer, whatever the question
DR. CHRIS Posted - 11/22/2009 : 02:12:31
Western Medicine has made an observation that lack of Stage 4 Deep Sleep (REM) leads to the onset of Fibro (TMS) symptoms. Take it with a grain of Western Medicine, But interesting none the less.
DrGUID Posted - 11/17/2009 : 08:13:22
I've had TMS and insomnia. I believe my insomnia is related to blood pressure and blood sugar levels. Eating something sugary usually helps me get back to sleep. It's worth a go (but also it's worth checking you haven't got a real condition like diabetes).
Thizznick Posted - 11/09/2009 : 16:09:51
Hmm...I suspected as much. I actually read Say Good Night to Insomnia and you're right, it is a very helpful book. I always felt that my chronic pain and insomnia were related (although truthfully I'd take the insomnia over the pain any day of the week).

David
Fox Posted - 11/09/2009 : 13:54:05
Read "Say Goodnight to Insomnia" - a terrific book for folks with insomnia like me.
HilaryN Posted - 11/08/2009 : 14:56:58
Hi Thizznick,

It sounds like symptom imperative. (When one symptom goes away, sometimes another apears to take its place.)

Many people have mentioned insomnia. Here are a few examples:

http://tmswiki.wetpaint.com/page/Insomnia

Hilary N

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000