TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 TMS: On The Road to Freedom

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pnkfloid49 Posted - 06/23/2010 : 18:15:43
I have had TMS for a little over a year. It started a few months after I had started weight lifting and I felt a pain in my right elbow. I continued to to work out until it was nearly impossible to continue. I thought at first that it was a strain but started reading online for possible solutions for a quick recovery. I read about tendonitis and my hands started hurting soon after. It wasn't so bad at first but once I talked to others about the possibility for carpal tunnel and that I may have this debilitating pain for the rest of my life, I panicked and thats when the pain REALLY started to come. It hurt when I typed, when I played guitar, when I held my daughter, when I used a utensil. It hurt when I did nothing!
I tried alot of treatments, one seemed to help a bit but just a few days ago I decided to check out more about Dr. Sarno's book and his theories. I thought about my own experience and noticed that the pain was most minimal when I was very preocuppied and not thinking about my hands. I noticed that I fit in the categories quite well. I am a perfectionist, highly motivated, obsessively think about my hand problems, and I get tension migraines and sometimes neck pain from tension.
The truth is 10 minutes after I started telling myself: "Your pain is not physical. Its all in your mind." and "I can do whatever I want with my hands. It will NOT hurt you!" The pain immediatley reduced about 90%. Since I have been doing just that. Anything I want/need to do with my hands. And everytime I start feeling any achy or slight stinging I immediately tell myself: "No you will not hurt. Its all in your head!" The pain seems to go away immediately. I have ordered Dr. Sarno's book "Mind Body Prescription" and CANNOT wait to read it, solidify the ideas I already have through the TMS websites I have read, and Finally be free of this pain for good.

Josh
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
drh7900 Posted - 05/21/2012 : 10:03:48
Awesome success story. Leaves me hopeful that I will continue to improve :-)

--
Dustin
MichaelB Posted - 05/19/2012 : 21:30:42
I, too am getting a little better and need to talk to myself more often.. One thing that I noticed is when I sleep, I usually do not have pain, but when I awake, sometimes the pain comes, but less when I try to be busy. We're in the similar boat.
Michael B
marjrc Posted - 07/12/2010 : 19:46:32
I'm not 100% there yet, but I can see major improvements in my symptoms, just like you did Josh. We need to keep talking to ourselves like that! :)

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000