TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Bees are still dying; and so are we?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sky Posted - 07/13/2010 : 02:52:57
We heard about this a lot a few years ago, but 2010 was the worst year for bee deaths, ever, I read today (http://www.declineoftheempire.com/2010/03/page/2/).

Anyone see a parallel between the increasingly ruined environment in which bees live, the overwhelming harm to their health that this stress is causing, and that of our human social and environmental condition today?

Who knows how far into the future, we may be witnessing the bizarre crumbling of human health as well (given the increasing and alarming figures regarding stress-linked diseases like cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc.), long after bees have gone extinct, and realize the bees were a precursor for our own fate.

---

"Honeybees are dying of everything, just like AIDS sufferers with weakened immune systems. This points to environmental stress as the primary cause of the ongoing demise of A. mellifera. If we continue to degrade the environment, the stresses on bees will increase. This will further weaken the bees, which will result in more die-offs, which will increase the probability of extinction over time. Barring extinction, honeybee population declines could easily be severe enough to preclude pollination for the various fruits and nuts we eat."

---

A site I'm building: Pass it on for anyone who might benefit from a brief and clear introduction to Sarno!

http://themindbodyspot.wordpress.com/
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Darko Posted - 07/13/2010 : 16:20:49
Sky,
I agree with Art.....why would you even both concerning yourself with this stuff?! If you look then it's easy to see many "issues" in the world.....these days I only concern myself with my circle of influence.....if I can't do something about it I leave it to the people who can. If you feel passionately about it then act and know that you're doing something about it and be at peace. If not then kick back and enjoy what's left of the world before we die of disease or run out of food and oil, go to war, get taken over by the Russians-Chinese or Muslims....then again the world is going to end in 2012 anyway. Hmmm perhaps now is a good time to go and get the Porsche I always wanted.....
art Posted - 07/13/2010 : 13:45:05
quote:
Originally posted by Sky

We heard about this a lot a few years ago, but 2010 was the worst year for bee deaths, ever, I read today (http://www.declineoftheempire.com/2010/03/page/2/).

Anyone see a parallel between the increasingly ruined environment in which bees live, the overwhelming harm to their health that this stress is causing, and that of our human social and environmental condition today?

Who knows how far into the future, we may be witnessing the bizarre crumbling of human health as well (given the increasing and alarming figures regarding stress-linked diseases like cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc.), long after bees have gone extinct, and realize the bees were a precursor for our own fate.

---

"Honeybees are dying of everything, just like AIDS sufferers with weakened immune systems. This points to environmental stress as the primary cause of the ongoing demise of A. mellifera. If we continue to degrade the environment, the stresses on bees will increase. This will further weaken the bees, which will result in more die-offs, which will increase the probability of extinction over time. Barring extinction, honeybee population declines could easily be severe enough to preclude pollination for the various fruits and nuts we eat."

---

A site I'm building: Pass it on for anyone who might benefit from a brief and clear introduction to Sarno!

http://themindbodyspot.wordpress.com/

Sky,

It's easy to be overwhelmed by this stuff. It can be terribly depressing. I can barely think about it myself. All I can tell you is that nature is incredibly robust. Despite all the terrible diseases you mention, human longevity continues to increase in this part of the world.

The earth has been and will continue to be subject to catastrophic events nearly unimaginable in scope. Think of the great extinctions, ice ages, "snowball earth," massive volcanic eruptions...And yet somehow life goes on.

Focusing on this stuff to an unhealthy extent is obviously just going to cause you more stress. I'm guessing the bees will survive :>), and so will we.

If I'm wrong, no sense in getting worked up as I don't think there's much we can do about it. :>)

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000