TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Gosh darn it!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Baseball65 Posted - 07/30/2010 : 21:31:27
Every time I return to the board to visit, I get a little.

I just worked through an interesting issue.

Right after I dropped by last time, to check in, so did a quick little relapse.

I have been having a tough time at the plate. My eyes aren't picking up the fastballs like they used to. On a 100 degree day, during a doubleheader, I hit a bloop single to right and pulled up 'lame' at first base. I had been hitting poorly up until then (rage..embarrassment)
I think it's dehydration and I ignore it. I try to finish the games, but by the 8th inning of the second game, I'm limping so bad, my coach pulls me (shame, humiliation)
I keep trying to ignore it, but it sort of comes and goes... from minor irritation, to barely able to walk.(relative to work/relationship/stress, not what activity I'm engaged in)
I keep plodding through.
After limping around for a few weeks, I begin to get concerned...not because I really think there is anything wrong with me..because I don't have a clue what triggered this episode????? Anger? Shame? Loneliness?

So I hit the books again. It's amazing how it keeps working over and over.

In the meantime, I saw a doctor on an unrelated issue, and he asked about my limp. He wanted to look at it and diagnosed it as a 'strain'...what is a strain? Nothing. it's TMS.

He insisted on prescribing an anti-inflammatory (they can't help themselves)... I insisted on reviewing and staying focused on the psychological. I wadded up the scrip and chucked it in the bin.

I realized how angry I am that my vision isn't what it used to be. I realized I'm angry about being more like a dad than a player (conscientiousness) and I realized that I'd rather play music and baseball than be a minion of some micro-managing morons at work. I stayed focused on THAT and it was gone before I expected it to be....

it's the gift that keeps on giving.

It's gone, but it was a neat little reminder that if we don't stay a bit vigilant, it can sneak up on us....

hogs and quiches
bb65

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000