TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 A Big Lie

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kstarnes Posted - 02/02/2012 : 17:31:00
According to Dr. Sarno, if you have TMS that means there is really nothing mechanically wrong with you. If there was something wrong with you, you would be in pain without TMS and would already be distracted so it would be unnecessary. TMS is opportunistic in that it looks for little irregularities that you will easily believe to be the root cause of your pain. It lives off these irregularities like a parasite to its host. Further, TMS is a harmless condition that does NO long term damage to the skeletal, muscles, or nerves. It is like the Great Oz in that if you look behind the curtain you will see it for what it really is—harmless. The power it gains is that it gets you to believe the big lie from the first onset of a spasm to present no matter how much time has passed. I kept telling my body that the pain originates from my mind and then it travels to my body. I did not believe this at times because I had been so strongly programmed to believe the great lie: That there was indeed something wrong with my body. Yet now I see that I have been lying to myself all these years about where the pain originated. TMS is a great manipulator of the Mind-Body. Once I understood that this lie had been with me all of these years, I felt betrayed by my unconscious and now see it has used me like a puppet. It is amazing how much power indoctrination has after years of believing in the big lie.

kevin starnes
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MichaelB Posted - 05/12/2012 : 20:52:26
Kevin,
You may have the exact truth in your hands. Great observation.
Michael
Tippy Posted - 02/07/2012 : 10:02:39
Kevin I know exactly how you feel.

Stephanie

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000