TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Female hair loss

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
westcoastram Posted - 08/15/2007 : 19:36:26
I'm curious, have any of the female members experienced any type of hair loss at any point in their lives and/or during their dealings with TMS treatment?

Thanks!

WCR
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Penny Posted - 08/17/2007 : 15:13:52
quote:
Originally posted by Maryalma8

My shower drain is always full and I have a patch of broken off areas on my temples at the top of my head, where it looks broken off for no reason.

Hair doesn't usually snap. I'm guessing that these hairs might actually be growing back in. When my hairloss slowed down I noticed many mini-size hairs. Hairloss can definitely be hormone related, so if you haven't had thyroid checked, you may want to look into it just to rule out.

>|< Penny
"Feeling will get you closer to the truth of who you are than thinking."
~ Eckhart Tolle

shawnsmith Posted - 08/16/2007 : 15:19:08
This was not regular hair loss for me. I have a good thick head of hair. But, during this time the hair was coming out in patches at various parts of the head and beard. It completely grew back in so it was not regular hair loss which never grows back.

Sarno-ize it!
Read chapter 4 of Dr. Sarno's "The Divided Mind." It's all you need to know in order to recover.
westcoastram Posted - 08/16/2007 : 12:53:50
Shawn,

Interesting... well, men, any male hair loss that seems to be conspicuous given our knowledge of TMS?
marytabby Posted - 08/16/2007 : 11:57:24
I too have had a lot of hair loss. My shower drain is always full and I have a patch of broken off areas on my temples at the top of my head, where it looks broken off for no reason. My hairdressers have all said it's typical pattern of hormone changes, most often from pregnancy but I've never been pregnant. I'm not going through menopause yet (I'm 41) and this has been ongoing for 3 years now.
I am not sure what to make of it. I have been told it could be stress. My best guess is that's what it is but so far I have not addressed it with the same vigor as my other TMS stuff that is all structural. So maybe it's time to do some TMS self talk about the hair.
shawnsmith Posted - 08/16/2007 : 07:45:33
I am not a female, but during my very early stages - before my full-blown TMS- I had clumps of hair falling out of my hair and beard. The areas became competely bald. It was really strange. Finally, I attributed it to stress and eventually the hair grew back.

Sarno-ize it!
Read chapter 4 of Dr. Sarno's "The Divided Mind." It's all you need to know in order to recover.
Penny Posted - 08/15/2007 : 22:16:52
Yes, yes, and yes. Although there are many organic reasons that can trigger alopecia (post-partum, anemia, thyroid disease, illness), from personal experience I can attest to the fact that my 2 year hairloss worked to distract me from some unpleasant emotions.

If you haven't already, I suggest you see a doctor to rule out other "organic" things before making a TMS assumption, but for me--I investigated everything. It was only a few months ago when I completely disallowed myself from paying any attention to the amt of hair that was in the shower that my hair finally stopped falling out and actually began regrowing.

There is a lot of peer-reviewed documentation that supports the link between stress and hairloss. To me it makes sense that alopecia can be caused by TMS.

Good luck!

>|< Penny
"Feeling will get you closer to the truth of who you are than thinking."
~ Eckhart Tolle

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000