TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Help on Wikipedia

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ralphyde Posted - 09/09/2007 : 11:42:24
Today, someone posted on Wikipedia a nomination that the article on "tension myositis syndrome," be speedily deleted, because it is a "Highly biased article that is little more than advertising for the books it uses for "reference"".

I have written a lengthy response justifying the article, but in the meantime several other know-nothings have voted to delete it.

For those of you that know anything about editing Wikipedia, I would ask you to read the article there, and vote whether to delete it or keep it at the specified link.

Thanks,
Ralph
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HilaryN Posted - 09/21/2007 : 10:02:51
So, the article stays?

Three cheers to Parsifal (and anyone else - I haven't read in detail) for doing the editing.

I think the people who said it seemed like spamming for Sarno had a point.

I hope you're OK with that Ralphyde - and three cheers to you, too, for all your time and effort in putting and keeping the article there.

Hilary N
armchairlinguist Posted - 09/13/2007 : 16:29:27
Almost the worst Wikipedia behavior I've seen, and I've seen some bad stuff...

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
mamaboulet Posted - 09/13/2007 : 12:46:27
Ah. The only person I ever met who had Asperger's was really hard to deal with. Combative.
kboogie Posted - 09/13/2007 : 12:16:48
WebHamster has indicated in his personal profile that he has Asperger's Syndrome which I think explains his behavior and his inability to be accepting of TMS. Just throwing that out there.
mamaboulet Posted - 09/13/2007 : 06:58:01
quote:
Originally posted by stanfr

If you haven't already, for some real entertainment read the argument between Ralphhyde and WebHamster, who wants the TMS article deleted. WebHamster is so stubborn about refusing to come to terms with the psychosomatic aspect of his FMS, that he turns it into a personal vendetta against Sarno! It's absolutely classic, just reading it you can diagnose the guy!

Ha! If he wasn't such a negative bully, he'd be even more funny. Talk about negative. And the need, the absolute NEED, to have the last word and be "righter" than everybody else. Probably his other symptoms (physical of course), that he refrained from mentioning, are migraines, IBS, Lyme disease, plantar fasciitis, and tennis elbow.
la_kevin Posted - 09/13/2007 : 02:10:33
What is FMS?

Another way of saying Fibromyalgia?
stanfr Posted - 09/13/2007 : 01:46:42
If you haven't already, for some real entertainment read the argument between Ralphhyde and WebHamster, who wants the TMS article deleted. WebHamster is so stubborn about refusing to come to terms with the psychosomatic aspect of his FMS, that he turns it into a personal vendetta against Sarno! It's absolutely classic, just reading it you can diagnose the guy!
la_kevin Posted - 09/11/2007 : 18:56:47
I wrote a few articles on Wikipedia and it's "censor Nazis". That outfit has had so many entry scandals it's amazing that anyone would reference them as a reliable source in anything. These "Wiki pirates" hate everything having to do with truth or alternative thinking.They hate free thinking people, hate life, etc. Please boycott the ARSEHATS if at all possible. Wikipedia needs to learn that it has become a tabloid encyclopedia and nobody will take them seriously anymore.

Google the "ESSJAY SCANDAL" and you'll see the kind of stuff that Wikipedia allows to happen. College kids single handedly making HUNDREDS of thousands of false entries. ONE PERSON.

Community Based Online Archives = "My teenager is really pissed and he is going to edit all your factual records because he doesn't like you and he wants to change history and brag to his friends".

Best thing you can do for TMS is start a Blog for free on "Blogger" or "Wordpress". And you can link to other TMS related sites, all for free. Once you learn how to edit blogs, it's a snap. It may take a few weeks to get going, but once you get it down , it''s pretty easy.

mamaboulet Posted - 09/11/2007 : 07:09:07
The internet is full of "shouters" and "one-uppers." Many of them are bullies. Many of them have fake rationality syndrome (FRS). They all like to "win" arguments and will argue endlessly with strangers in order to "win."
Luckily, they are easy to spot. I just stay away from them, except for occasionally calling them idiots and maroons.
Baseball65 Posted - 09/11/2007 : 06:56:36
Well.... I 'joined' wikipedia so I could vote on that thread, but even than it was awfully confusing. I ended up not doing anything ??????

Besides that, I got the feeling that it was turning into a Healthboards.com sort of thing. The people there seem to want to shout us down. I imagine they are not unlike some of the people who have come to this board to convince us we are deluded.

I rarely cross a person these days who hasn't heard of 'this thing of ours' though maybe not by any of it's names.

suffice it to say that even Sarno acknowledges that most people will reject TMS until they are desperate, and apparently He's right again!!
mamaboulet Posted - 09/11/2007 : 06:45:59
I found that entire episode very lame. Those strutty people over there (hey you, who came over here and copied our comments, copy this, you maroon. You proved my point nicely.) are all about SMUG IGNORANCE and FAKE rationality. Fake rationality is a common syndrome among a certain group of men in particular (those are the guys who love to say that women and other normal people are "too emotional").
You've all met the type, I'm sure.
Anyway, I'm boycotting Wiki now that I know the kind of people who make the "decisions."
While it would be nice for somebody to be able to look up TMS if they heard about it, they can find other info elsewhere if they look.
HellNY Posted - 09/11/2007 : 03:40:01

Wikipedia is SO lame. It bases decisions on concepts like "consenus" andmaking information "democratic." This is a total misapplication of these concepts to "truth." Thank god for peer reviewed journals and books. At least peer reviewed journals have standars of evidence and no one can just come along and "edit" articles.

There are many controversial things in the world. In good information sources, that stuff is made available, along with separate articles that attempt to refute it. Wikipedia engages in lame ass battles to decide whether it should even EXIST.

This is why wikipedia is laughable. I wouldnt trust it except for run-of-the-mill non-controversial information.

How many other things does Wiki not have because its a controversial topic. Perhaps I should get 2nd hand smoke effects "banned" because its no controversial
ndb Posted - 09/11/2007 : 01:01:12
Pearls before swine. I'm trying to figure out my looking within why we feel so bad about the article being deleted. What is going to change in the world if a few more or few less people read about TMS. I feel lucky that I found out about TMS, got out of pain and came away with my sanity and some faith in the ingenuity of man. But I am trying to come to a point where I don't give a damn whether other people find a way out or not.

ndb
la_kevin Posted - 09/10/2007 : 23:32:07
WIKIPEDIA is a SH*T HOLE, lol.

They have these little bastards that go around parading and bragging about how they changed "stuff into facts". Little cyber cretins....ALL OF THEM. :)
AnthonEE Posted - 09/10/2007 : 09:45:43
I've added my support as well...
mamaboulet Posted - 09/10/2007 : 07:35:16
Well, I probably wasn't much help. I'm new to all the details and terribly impatient with smug ignorant people.
stanfr Posted - 09/10/2007 : 03:02:42
thanks for the links, i added my vote, looks like we have some momentum going.
armchairlinguist Posted - 09/10/2007 : 00:50:28
Did my best, and I am currently and have been an active WP contributor for a while, so hopefully that carries some weight. But I'm afraid there may be too many ignorant people to overcome.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Littlebird Posted - 09/10/2007 : 00:43:43
Here's an article in an online magazine that mentions a web site that can be used to identify who is doing the editing, if that might be useful to know. Not sure just how it works though.
http://www.slate.com/id/2172703/fr/flyout
ralphyde Posted - 09/09/2007 : 20:25:32
Just go to the first link above, click on the [edit] box in the upper right, then go to the bottom of the edit box, start with *'''Keep''' ,(three single quotes) then write your message. at the end of it place four tildes. ~~~~
Then go to the button beneath the edit box and click on 'Save Page'.
That's all there is to it.

But first you should give yourself a username by registering, but this may not be necessary.

Ralph

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000