TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 Success Story: Running up that Hill (Sept 2006)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Penny Posted - 06/02/2007 : 10:50:39
This is a note I sent to a forum member last year. An amazing experience I had in breaking thru my pain.

I'm a self-DXed and recovering TMSer (no thanks to any in-person
Doc). I've really enjoyed reading the TMS Forum archives. Wanted
to tell you I decided to put on the ole runners tonight. After nearly 11 months on doc's orders not to run (due to Fibro, migraines, CTS, hypermobility, IT band syndrome, tachycardia yadayada) I went running tonight and I didn't die or lose a limb or anything awful. I looked the devil in the eye and ran/walked about 2 miles. I didn't time myself, check my heart rate, challenge myself, watch my form ... I just listened to what my body wanted to do and RAN! It was wreckless and awesome. Yes it hurt a little, but I listened to the pain and didn't run from it, I ran into it.

I am so pi%$#d off at my doctor for taking running away from me for all this time. Don't know if you saw my previous post today where I contemplated what would've happened if the doc told me to ADD a mile instead of stopping me from running. I hate running, but that hatred is the best most self-serving hatred in my life. The most therapeutic kind. I love to hate running.

I figured some important stuff out tonight. Cathartic.

> >|< Penny

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Michele Posted - 12/04/2007 : 19:02:40
Hey Penny, little late in responding but BRAVO!!

I, too, lost my running with the hip replacement. Hell, I lost my walking since I haven't been able to walk since my surgery 28 weeks ago! But someday, I'll get to do just what you did - look the devil in the eye!

Good job!

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000