TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 new to tms help questions need answers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
samchar1 Posted - 12/22/2007 : 06:30:29
hi i am from the uk, suffered with bum and leg pain for 12mths, i have done all the Doc stuff and physio, chiroetc no improvement. diagnosed L4L5 herniation (MRI) booked in for Op in 6 weeks. I do not want to go down that route. I went to see what must be one of the few TMS bods in the UK this was by mistake i thought i was going to see a physio but it turned out she is a Sarno believer and is now or for at least the last 7mths using the TMS approach.

I am in day 3 of the programme and HOW CAN PAIN THAT HAS PUT ME THROUGH PERGATORY FOR 12MTHS SUDDENLY NOT BE THERE ANYMORE???? WIERD OR WHAT. I have done some crying and lots of scribbling and i need to belive that this is my long term answer. I am not saying that i am pain free becasuse i have had a uncomfortable morning Xmas shopping, had to have a coffee and start to write and YES i found what it was that was causing the pain to come back.
Can anyone relate to pain coming and going at will, and has anyone felt tired just because there not in pain as much.

PS i have gone from 60mg Morphine daily plus Anti inflammatories and paracetamol to 10mg morphine (scared s*** to stop completely yet) and 6 200mg anti inflams

Questions.

I have limped for nearly 9mths do you think that the muscles in my left leg have become weak and will still feel funny and not strong has anyone else had this and does it improve.

I have stopped all physio type exercises and am just doing daily type stuff and walking is this ok anyone done any different stuff.

kuk yorkshire
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Georgie Posted - 01/12/2008 : 06:53:22
Hi Debs,

I would be more than happy to meet you and see what we can do. Just give me call when you are back and we can have a chat and then see what's the best way to help you, depending on where you live!

The number is on my website, www.painreliefuk.co.uk

Meanwhile I hope you are managing to enjoy New Zealand, somewhere I have always longed to go! Maybe one day.

Best wishes until then, Georgie

Georgie
brightondebs Posted - 01/08/2008 : 16:01:27
Hi all, I just wanted to say I'm also new to this forum and the idea of TMS. I am currently in NZ but will be back in the UK early Feb and am definitely interested in attending your clinic Georgie. I will contact you soon. I've added a summary of my problems to my profile so I won't go into them here but I just wanted to add that I've really hit rock bottom with this after so long in constant pain and any support I get from anyone here would be great!

Debs
Georgie Posted - 01/06/2008 : 08:41:10
Hi everyone,

Having seen the postings about my clinic in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, I thought I had better say hello! It's fascinating seeing all the discussions and I must admit to being very excited myself about the results my clients have been having since I began diagnosing TMS.

Following my visit to see Dr Sarno last year I now include all the elements of his treatment programme here in the UK. At the moment it is all new here, but most people who attend the Pain Relief Centre come on recommendation and usually know that I work slightly differently from other Physios. In fact my Physio background has actually been a big help in allowing me to be able to diagnose TMS correctly. The TMS diagnosis however finally enables me to understand why there has always been a lack of correlation between the diagnoses clients present with and their signs and symptoms.

At the moment my TMS presentations run from 7 - 9.30pm on the 2nd Thursday in each month and the Power Hours (Q&A sessions with recovered clients) are from 7 - 8.30pm on the last Wednesday in each month. Having said that there have had to be some changes in January so it would be wise to check first and places do need to be booked prior to the events.

Further information can be found on my website www.painreliefuk.co.uk
More information will be added regularly and an e-newsletter may be subscribed to which will keep people up to date with goings on.

I will try to check on this forum when possible and my ultimate aim is to raise the profile of Dr Sarno and TMS in the UK. Future developments are ongoing, so watch this space!

Keep up the good work and you will succeed!

Georgie
millie Posted - 01/06/2008 : 04:32:10
Hi samchar,
Glad youre making progress. Im the same getting there but having to work at it. Check out tms-recovery.com I found some useful info on it. Im sure seeing georgies lecture will help. I might go to the power hour at end of month
take care and keep at it
samchar1 Posted - 01/04/2008 : 19:51:49
hi millie

i am getting better but i have to work at it, my workmates say the pain has gone from my face but i still have pain and aches that feel like tight muscular stuff but much less pain killers than b4 but still taking ibuprofen and occassionally cocodamol. it is my backside and my calf that r driving me nuts. hey i am a very british kind of person so i feel a bit odd about conversing by email whne i dont know you ?? odd or what plus my email is open to my family to whom i have not yet talked to about the sarno stuff. I think if i could really stepover the edge to saying it mind type things not physical i could get a grasp of it but i am still babying my movements and stuff although i walk better and have stopped limping as much. i am hoping to go to one of georgies tms forums soon as pos, she has been away over xmas. i am still writing stuff down

i feel like its like trying to unpick a roll of knotted string, i try that and then read a bit of freud into the bargain and then i think we are all nuts one way or another.

only thing is i have a permanant pain i the arse

kuk yorkshire
millie Posted - 01/04/2008 : 03:00:02
Hi Samchar,
Just wondered how you where getting on?
millie Posted - 12/26/2007 : 04:17:30
Hi Kuk,
Not as bad as I was starting to improve I find it difficult to keep positive when it dips and I know what you mean about the writing but I shall keep doing it. I find it difficult to not focus on the pain but distraction certainly help
samchar1 Posted - 12/25/2007 : 16:00:01
hi milie i too have had a bit of a dip like u assumed christmas to be the problem.
i am not sure that i have quite got the writing ok yet.
but i am going to keep going.

kuk yorkshire
millie Posted - 12/24/2007 : 10:15:54
I have recently had tms consultation with lady in huddersfield which made a massive difference to pain and then went on tms lecture and was pain free!! I have sciatica and back pain bad for last 2 years but mri just minor bulge. Have been so restricted cant sit very long bend etc have made progress with sarno amir books when Im believing it. But I never thought I could manage to sit for 5 hours and feel better for it it must be TMS been doing well but dipped bad think its christmas related!!If you want to Email for support that would be great. About pain coming and going mine disappeared when we travelled to huddersfield yet flared badly when i lost my job? Must be TMS
HilaryN Posted - 12/24/2007 : 07:39:04
Hi kuk,

My RSI has been completely cured since 2 years ago. I know what you mean about it seeming weird. Great, though!

Hilary N
skizzik Posted - 12/23/2007 : 15:16:20
quote:
Originally posted by samchar1

I have limped for nearly 9mths do you think that the muscles in my left leg have become weak and will still feel funny and not strong has anyone else had this and does it improve.

Read about this guy's leg.

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1836
altherunner Posted - 12/23/2007 : 10:51:08
When the pain is gone, it is a shock, not that you miss it, but how the hell did it go so quickly? The suddeness sent me reading more and more about bodymind stuff, and it's all been good. Just finished re-reading "Take Off Your Glasses and See", by Jacob Liberman. After reading Sarno's books, I read this, and stopped wearing glasses after 25 years. I only use them occassionaly, like binoculars. The limp could be just a leftover habit, and may go also.
samchar1 Posted - 12/23/2007 : 10:38:42
hi hilary

yes it is in huddersfield, a place called Almondbury about 10mins outside hudds town centre. i am busy this week due to xmas but will email. you how you geetting on now with the rsi ?.

kuk yorkshire
HilaryN Posted - 12/23/2007 : 08:46:44
Hi kuk,

Lucky you! Is that the clinic in Huddersfield? It's the first one I've heard of in the UK, thanks to ralphyde on here posting it.

I would have thought your muscles would get stronger again with use. What does your physio say?

I'm in Yorkshire too, this week. Email me if you want to meet up / have a chat on the phone.

Hilary N

PS What you're doing ("just the daily stuff") sounds fine - Dr Sarno recommends not doing any physio because of the possibility of it focussing the mind on the physical.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000