TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 so much pain...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
roxygirl577 Posted - 10/08/2008 : 17:18:14
hi, i'm new here, I'm 22 years old and i've been reading dr. sarno's books and i've been journaling a lot...and actually discovering things about myself that I've tried to keep hidden. It's done so much for my mental state. As for the pain, it started to subside and i was doing great not thinking about it, even when it was there. But the past few days I've been in tremendous pain. Usually I just get neck, shoulder, low back and knee pain. Now it feels like my whole body is poisoned, it hurts to lay, sit, stand, anything. The pain is twice as bad if not more but i'm still doing my best to get through it..I'm actually at work right now but I feel like screaming it hurts so bad. Is it normal for the pain to get worse before it gets better?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
roxygirl577 Posted - 10/08/2008 : 21:22:35
thank you all so much!!!

this gives me a lot of hope, and lets me know I'm going the right path =]

I can definitely be patient, it just scared me a little, so now I know i'll be okay.

I must say with the books and this forum I have so much hope and it's such a nice change. Thank you all.
ChrisSC Posted - 10/08/2008 : 21:14:20
Yes, it is normal. As others have said, it is actually a good thing and a step of recovery that most people go through.
Sarah Jacoba Posted - 10/08/2008 : 18:12:12
I have been there! Feeling poisoned is the exact words I used to use. So we're all in this together, and it's all the same thing!

The increase in pain shows the desperation of the subconscious. You've broken the stalemate or status quo it used to have with you, and now things are on the move.

The other thing TMS does is create whole new areas of concern. You resolve TMJ pain, say, then you develop colitis. Physically unrelated but psychological equivalent in its function. Be on the watch for this too.

--Sarah Hyacinth Jacoba
"When dream and day unite"
mala Posted - 10/08/2008 : 17:48:30
Hi roxygirls577,

Sorry to hear that you are in a lot of pain. The good news is that yes it usually gets worse before it gets better. It is actually encouraging news.

Classic recovery signs:

You feel better after reading Sarno.
You are able to ignore the pain.
Then your id/ subconcious gets enraged becoz you are NOT focussing on IT any more. You are actually focssing on emotional & psychological issues instead.
So it ups the anti and decides to give you more pain hoping that you will give up and go back to focussing on the pain again.

Now what you must do is to ignore the pain (difficult as it may be). The poison & pain will leave your body but you must hang in there. Keep reading, journalling but also most importantly try to get on with your life as best as you can.

Good Luck & Good Health
Mala

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000