TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Need some help or info for SIJ issues

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
surf4life Posted - 05/21/2009 : 20:48:13
Hi,
I've been working a daily TMS recovery program for a few weeks now, read all of Sarno's books, and even started psychotherapy. Although I've been suffering chronic pain in many different areas of my body, the most intense focus of pain has been in my low back and hips, at times sharp within my hip joints. I'm avoiding focusing too much on the physical symptoms but there is not much mention of sacroiliac joint dysfunction and TMS in the literature I've been reading. I feel it is reassuring on those days when the pain is more intense to continue to ignore the pain, and trust that no damage is being done by moving and going about my day, trying not to get too distracted. I've been attempting to reprogram my thinking, with all the injury nonsense, which has been tough since I had surgery on my right hip (now it's the left one that gives me issues) due to an MRI showing a labral tear. I'm now realizing that the surgery may have been unnecessary in the first place, but my mind is stuck on what happened with the right hip still. Does anyone have experience and feedback on TMS recovery with SIJ and hip joint pain? thanks

surfa
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
healingback Posted - 10/28/2010 : 02:52:47
hello the crk,

just looking around for help with si joint problems was your problem that it was to stuck or to loose ? how long did you have it for ? was it bought on by trauma ?

im going through the same thing at the present.

quote:
Originally posted by crk

Oh Yes! SIJ dysfunction was one of my diagnoses, along with a host of other pains. I remember the low back pillows I kept all over the house and in my car. One morning the pain was so bad that I could not even bend over to feed the cats. Continual spasms. My husband had to stay home from work to care for our little girl. I also had a hip pain at the time that was diagnosed once as bursitis and another time as iliotibial band injury. One doctor said I "probably just have arthritis in my hips." I remember icing it all the time, looking for relief. I was on prescription strength NSAIDS for all these pains, and was dreading being on it for the rest of my life.

When I discovered Sarno, I got rid of all of that within days. In two weeks I was completely free. Since then, I have had brief "triggers" of TMS pain and 2 episodes of serious pain (even though I knew it was TMS), both of which lasted about 2 weeks.

Keep doing all the psychological work that you have started. Keep journaling and keep reading the posts here on this site, especially the success stories section. There is some really helpful information here about what has worked for others.

You WILL be pain free if you continue on this path. You will stand, sit, lift, run, and it will all be behind you. TMS wants you to ignore mental/emotional hurts, but under all that your brain really wants you to live a happy life and have great mental health.

Do you have any specific questions about how your Sarno program is working? Best wishes!!

healingback Posted - 10/28/2010 : 02:50:42
quote:
Originally posted by crk

Oh Yes! SIJ dysfunction was one of my diagnoses, along with a host of other pains. I remember the low back pillows I kept all over the house and in my car. One morning the pain was so bad that I could not even bend over to feed the cats. Continual spasms. My husband had to stay home from work to care for our little girl. I also had a hip pain at the time that was diagnosed once as bursitis and another time as iliotibial band injury. One doctor said I "probably just have arthritis in my hips." I remember icing it all the time, looking for relief. I was on prescription strength NSAIDS for all these pains, and was dreading being on it for the rest of my life.

When I discovered Sarno, I got rid of all of that within days. In two weeks I was completely free. Since then, I have had brief "triggers" of TMS pain and 2 episodes of serious pain (even though I knew it was TMS), both of which lasted about 2 weeks.

Keep doing all the psychological work that you have started. Keep journaling and keep reading the posts here on this site, especially the success stories section. There is some really helpful information here about what has worked for others.

You WILL be pain free if you continue on this path. You will stand, sit, lift, run, and it will all be behind you. TMS wants you to ignore mental/emotional hurts, but under all that your brain really wants you to live a happy life and have great mental health.

Do you have any specific questions about how your Sarno program is working? Best wishes!!

HilaryN Posted - 05/22/2009 : 05:54:06
I've added a page to the wiki for sacroiliac pain:

http://tmswiki.wetpaint.com/page/Sacroiliac+pain

If you'd like to research more success stories and add them, go ahead!

We're having a demo on how to edit the wiki on May 31st:

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5693

Hilary N
crk Posted - 05/21/2009 : 21:15:13

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000