TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 How many believe Plantar Fasciitis is TMS?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mjwebb05 Posted - 04/09/2009 : 11:24:33
Just what the subject line says....how many people on here think Plantar Fasciitis, or pain in the foot upon palpation and when walking or standing, can come from TMS? I am thinking my recent onset of this might be the case, as I have cured years of back pain through TMS treatment, and this has surfaced about a year after that pain went away...
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
crk Posted - 08/25/2009 : 12:16:10
Bravo, and best wishes! I know how lovely that is when you emerge from TMS and get your body back. Thanks for reporting back!
Fox Posted - 08/25/2009 : 12:11:19
PF entirely gone now. No physical treatments used (except cushioning insert to take away some of the pain on impact). No muss, no fuss, just Sarno.
Fox Posted - 08/06/2009 : 09:19:50
Heel pain now 90% better. No problem going up steep hills yesterday. Still taking the Sarno purist approach.
Wavy Soul Posted - 08/02/2009 : 08:45:55
You might want to check out the READ tHIS AND RESURRECT thread which talks about the book BORN TO RUN which talks about natural running with none of these problems.

Love is the answer, whatever the question
akona39 Posted - 08/01/2009 : 00:00:56
"Hello everyone" I am brand new to the site and am looking for some advise on heel pain. I too have experienced back pain. Back in 1993 i hurt my lower back L5 lifting a potted plant. I suffered for over 10 years with agonizing pain. It would come and go. I went from Sports Doctors, Orthopedic Surgeons, Neurological Surgeons I had MRI's, prolo injections, epidurals I was running out of hope. My next course of action was a spinal fusion in the lower L5. I had a second opinion and was told by the physician that he didn't see anything wrong. I was really confused at this point in my life. I had always been extremely athletic i had been a long distance runner and had always been competitive either in athletics or at work. I was also a prone worrier and always trying to please others. I had suffered earlier in my college years with Irritable bowel syndrome only to have back problems a few years latter. I had picked up Dr. Sarno's book earlier on when i had first experienced the back pain only to put it down because i had believed this didn't apply to me. I found the book again read it and everything that he said really did apply to me. Right away my pain subsided considerably. I found a Practitioner of TMS in Culver City DR. David Schechter. I drove three hours South to see the doctor. Dr. Schechter examined me and went over my MRI"S that i had brought him. He assured me that i was suffering from TMS. I was given some CD'S and a work book that i worked on daily. Over the next year i was almost pain free. I had numerous flair ups over the years but they all went away once i really concentrated and applied the principals that i was given. I have been seeing Dr. Schechter for almost 4 years now on a quarterly basis. I have to admit the TMS traveled around allot. It went from the lower left side of my back to my left knee. I had been running for almost a year and then the flair up happened. I was sidelined for almost 1 year. At first i wanted to believe it was Physical. I had X-Rays, Physical Therapy. After reading the books over again and a few visits with Dr. Schechter the pain subsided and eventually went away. At times i feel mild pain in the knee but it was bearable to run on. About four months ago my heel started to bother me when i got out of bed in the mornings and walked around. Once i was warmed up the pain would subside and go away. About 6 weeks ago the pain became really bad. After the run i was limping and it seemed to get worse. I saw Dr. Schechter who advised me after an X-ray to wear a walking boot because i had a minor stress fracture. I had also consulted a Podiatires that told me i had Plantar Fasiciis on the left heel. I guess you could say this past month has been extremely tough. I have been having a difficut time walking around. I have been doing the exercises that have included stretches, swimming and icing to no evail. I guess you could say i am confused becouse of a new onset of pain. It all adds up up to TMS but i just dont know what one it could be. If anyone has any ideas i would really be interested. I never thought that heel pain could be so painful.

quote:
Originally posted by HellNY

Let me tell you why I do believe it is TMS.

Over the last 10 years, I have sufferred from migraine headaches, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, back pain, horrible sciatica, nerve pain in the arms, tinnitus, body wide dysesthesias, chemical sensitivity, genital numbness, and countless other ailments.

Not all at the same time. Various ones have come, and gone.

Just about a few months ago, out of the blue I started getting "plantar fascitis." All teh classic signs.

I rarely have back pain or sciatic pain much anymore. But TMS seems to be moving arounf always trying for foment its little revolution.

I just have to laugh. So now Plantar Fascitis, eh?

What are the odds that one person would have all sorts of independent little ailments like this?

Or is it just one underlying syndrome?

TMS, or its equivalent, all the way.

James Besser
Fox Posted - 07/31/2009 : 13:36:51
Just one last thing - on Sarno's CD, which I have listened to hundreds of times, he says about back spasms, something like, "You essentially have to wait it out" - I think that holds true for PF and other tendonitis issues
Fox Posted - 07/31/2009 : 12:19:42
I should mention that I did cut back on my walking but only for a few days (4 or 5) - when the pain was at its highest, most agonizing level. I dropped from walking an average of 45 minutes a day to walking a few blocks for those several days....I actually didn't think long walks would delay my recovery. It was just that I had such a hard time tolerating the pain of each step. I wasn't intentionally trying to rest my foot..I never said that I had Fred Amir toughness.
Fox Posted - 07/31/2009 : 12:07:32
Terrible heel pain for about 5 weeks but it is now about 70% better. Decided not to see podiatrist and get into the diagnostic structural mindset thing. Treating it as TMS. No stretching, icing, ball rolling or other PT structural measures. Thinking psychologically. Only thing I did that may not have been pure Sarno was getting Dr. Scholl's PF gel pad inserts - this was not because I think I have low arches or high arches or flat feet or other structural BS - but because the softness of the gel pad took away some of the pain when walking and I just wanted to reduce the level of pain as best I could for the time being - not expecting it to give me any long term structural benefit...My approach appears to be working, though very gradually.
akona39 Posted - 07/31/2009 : 01:14:41
Good evening Monte Just wanted to get your opinion on Plantar Fascitis. I have been really having a rough time of it for about 5 weeks now. It started off about 5 months ago. Every morning i would get out of bed before running and would have problems putting any weight on the left heel. After warming up and running the pain would go away during the workout. After the run i would have the pain but it would eventually work itself out through the day. About 5 weeks ago, the pain became really bad where i could not run anymore. I saw Dr. Schechter down in Culver City. He had really helped me out in the past with TMS issues. I had suffered for over 10 years with extremely bad back problems. Dr. Schechter gave me CD'S and work books that i utilized to recover from the back issues. I also went through Knee problems as well. I eventually recovered from that. When the heel problems occurred i was seen locally by a Podiatrist. I was told that i had Plantar Fasciitis on my left heel. I had an x-ray taken By Dr. Schechter who told me i had a stress fracture on my heel. I was given a walker boot to wear for 4 weeks. I have been stretching,swimming, icing and am still in allot of pain. I have been utilizing the self talk and journaling but everyday i have been in extreme large amounts of pain. My job requires that i walk around allot. Extremely tough because i want to get back to my running again and have been sideline with another problem. Both Physicians have told me that i would get better but each day the pain remains the same with not much relief. What type of things did you do to get over this problem ? At times i want to think this might be related to Plantar Fasciitis, other times i wondering if it's due to TMS. My back Knee and now my heel problem were all on the left side. How bad was your Plantar Fasciitis ?

Hope to hear from you soon

James

quote:
Originally posted by Monte

This is quite interesting. I have helped many people get over plantar fasciitis treating it as tms.

I must say though that I begin experiencing plantar about 4 weeks ago and it was not tms. I have eliminated about 90% of the heel pain and the last few mornings upon waking and walking I have had no pain.

So I believe here is a good test to help you determine. If you take a tennis ball and apply pressure as you roll over (this will be really painful) and do this very slowly (1 minute to roll 1 inch)- do this for a good 3-5 minutes 5-10x per day - and you begin to feel relief in your heel pain (and this can be pretty quick - couple of day) -- it is highly probable that this is physical.

If it is physical - it will take a few weeks of tennis ball and then progressing to a more solid (hard ball) to work this out.

As I mentioned earlier, yes PF can be tms,but if you are a runner and if the tennis ball practice works then you know...

Feel free to drop me a note if you have questions. monte@runningpain.com

Monte Hueftle
monte@runningpain.com

James Besser
akona39 Posted - 07/31/2009 : 00:39:15

"Hello everyone" I am brand new to the site and am looking for some advise on heel pain. I too have experienced back pain. Back in 1993 i hurt my lower back L5 lifting a potted plant. I suffered for over 10 years with agonizing pain. It would come and go. I went from Sports Doctors, Orthopedic Surgeons, Neurological Surgeons I had MRI's, prolo injections, epidurals I was running out of hope. My next course of action was a spinal fusion in the lower L5. I had a second opinion and was told by the physician that he didn't see anything wrong. I was really confused at this point in my life. I had always been extremely athletic i had been a long distance runner and had always been competitive either in athletics or at work. I was also a prone worrier and always trying to please others. I had suffered earlier in my college years with Irritable bowel syndrome only to have back problems a few years latter. I had picked up Dr. Sarno's book earlier on when i had first experienced the back pain only to put it down because i had believed this didn't apply to me. I found the book again read it and everything that he said really did apply to me. Right away my pain subsided considerably. I found a Practitioner of TMS in Culver City DR. David Schechter. I drove three hours South to see the doctor. Dr. Schechter examined me and went over my MRI"S that i had brought him. He assured me that i was suffering from TMS. I was given some CD'S and a work book that i worked on daily. Over the next year i was almost pain free. I had numerous flair ups over the years but they all went away once i really concentrated and applied the principals that i was given. I have been seeing Dr. Schechter for almost 4 years now on a quarterly basis. I have to admit the TMS traveled around allot. It went from the lower left side of my back to my left knee. I had been running for almost a year and then the flair up happened. I was sidelined for almost 1 year. At first i wanted to believe it was Physical. I had X-Rays, Physical Therapy. After reading the books over again and a few visits with Dr. Schechter the pain subsided and eventually went away. At times i feel mild pain in the knee but it was bearable to run on. About four months ago my heel started to bother me when i got out of bed in the mornings and walked around. Once i was warmed up the pain would subside and go away. About 6 weeks ago the pain became really bad. After the run i was limping and it seemed to get worse. I saw Dr. Schechter who advised me after an X-ray to wear a walking boot because i had a minor stress fracture. I had also consulted a Podiatires that told me i had Plantar Fasiciis on the left heel. I guess you could say this past month has been extremely tough. I have been having a difficut time walking around. I have been doing the exercises that have included stretches, swimming and icing to no evail. I guess you could say i am confused becouse of a new onset of pain. It all adds up up to TMS but i just dont know what one it could be. If anyone has any ideas i would really be interested. I never thought that heel pain could be so painful.

quote:
Originally posted by Monte

This is quite interesting. I have helped many people get over plantar fasciitis treating it as tms.

I must say though that I begin experiencing plantar about 4 weeks ago and it was not tms. I have eliminated about 90% of the heel pain and the last few mornings upon waking and walking I have had no pain.

So I believe here is a good test to help you determine. If you take a tennis ball and apply pressure as you roll over (this will be really painful) and do this very slowly (1 minute to roll 1 inch)- do this for a good 3-5 minutes 5-10x per day - and you begin to feel relief in your heel pain (and this can be pretty quick - couple of day) -- it is highly probable that this is physical.

If it is physical - it will take a few weeks of tennis ball and then progressing to a more solid (hard ball) to work this out.

As I mentioned earlier, yes PF can be tms,but if you are a runner and if the tennis ball practice works then you know...

Monte Hueftle
monte@runningpain.com

James Besser
art Posted - 05/22/2009 : 17:18:52
I've had many bouts with p.f. I generally just run through it.
cfhunter Posted - 05/21/2009 : 19:35:18
definitely with a capital D.
crk Posted - 05/21/2009 : 16:57:06
I do.
hsb Posted - 05/21/2009 : 10:59:33
did you stop running though? i think that is important
Monte Posted - 05/21/2009 : 09:57:45

Monte Hueftle
monte@runningpain.com
stefan Posted - 04/11/2009 : 12:25:31
I had it until a couple of years ago, when I read Dr. Sarno's book. Progressively it kept getting worse until I was limping like I've been wounded in battle.

I went to a chiro and had X-rays done. It ruled out any fractures. Bought special shoes and $70 gel inserts.

Went on vacation to Europe and it went away. Got me thinking when it came back when I went to work.

About that time read Sarno's book, like magic went away and never had it again!!!

Ars Longa Vita Brevis
weatherman Posted - 04/09/2009 : 21:53:20
Here's another vote that it's TMS. I had a bit of it a long time ago, just ignored it and went about my activities and it left.

Weatherman

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."
HellNY Posted - 04/09/2009 : 21:35:53

Let me tell you why I do believe it is TMS.

Over the last 10 years, I have sufferred from migraine headaches, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, back pain, horrible sciatica, nerve pain in the arms, tinnitus, body wide dysesthesias, chemical sensitivity, genital numbness, and countless other ailments.

Not all at the same time. Various ones have come, and gone.

Just about a few months ago, out of the blue I started getting "plantar fascitis." All teh classic signs.

I rarely have back pain or sciatic pain much anymore. But TMS seems to be moving arounf always trying for foment its little revolution.

I just have to laugh. So now Plantar Fascitis, eh?

What are the odds that one person would have all sorts of independent little ailments like this?

Or is it just one underlying syndrome?

TMS, or its equivalent, all the way.
cfhunter Posted - 04/09/2009 : 19:49:23
I know from experience it was for me.
AFter 2 years of doing EVERYthing known to man to treat PF...I got pregnant nad it went away in a day...just like that. Talk about the symptom imperative...my brain automatically went to the major sensations going on with everything else in my newly pregnant body...said goodbye to PF nad haven't had it since.
Peg Posted - 04/09/2009 : 18:31:08
Plantar fasciitis=TMS

Peg

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. Galileo Galilei

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000