TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Sarno for Acne?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Samantha Posted - 01/27/2007 : 17:38:12
I had painful tendonitis for over a year and was fortunate enough to come across the Mindbody Perscription, which completely eliminated my pain within a matter of days! Thank goodness!
I have some skin issues, acne in particular. I'm convinced that the cause of it is low blood circulation to the affected area, which would be a result of some form of TMS. But, I can't seem to get rid of it. Been to lots of dermatologists over the years but I really don't think they know much about how the mind plays into skin problems. Sarno only briefly mentions TMS and skin problems in his book.
Any suggestions?

Samantha Brown
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stanfr Posted - 09/27/2009 : 23:58:19
Samantha, Ive had acne since i was 12. There is no question in my mind now that mind-body plays an enormous role in it, its genetic but TMS is also genetic. The main thing is to not let it become a distraction or replacement for the psychological issues, it then really becomes a TMS equivalent. Don't obsess over it or change your behavior due to it. Sarno may not mention much in his books, but i have spoken to him (in reference to psoriasis) and he believes that TMS and skin issues are one and the same (not sure i totally agree!). Goos luck!
shamrock62081 Posted - 09/22/2009 : 10:26:35
Interesting article in TIME about teen acne and depression/moods...

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1924464,00.html
mizlorinj Posted - 09/13/2009 : 17:51:24
I see in my 20 year old that when school's in session, he has acne. When it's over, his skin looks great. He accepts that it is stress-related.

I get bumps on my face during the workweek. Weekends, like today, it looks great. When I get back from a weeklong cruise, the one comment I hear most is how good my skin looks.

So I have seen in those close to me and myself that skin issues are stress or emotion-related.

Journal! I did some today.
Northerner Posted - 09/10/2009 : 12:13:14
My sister, who is in her forties, breaks out with acne when she gets upset.

Your acne could be a TMS equivalent.

If it is a TMS eqivalent, treat it like any other TMS equivalent. Think psychologically, not physically, journal, etc.

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened.
- Mark Twain
dschid Posted - 09/07/2009 : 15:22:09
deleted
dschid Posted - 09/07/2009 : 15:10:05
deleted
dschid Posted - 01/28/2007 : 10:05:19
deleted

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000