TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Vitamin D may help chronic pain

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Effie Posted - 06/04/2010 : 05:16:24
Not to diminish the help Dr. Sarno has given me with my chronic pain, but I received an email yesterday from WebMD concerning research that Vitamin D supplementation really does seem to help diminish chronic pain. Taking a Vitamin D supplement in addition to doing the TMS work certainly couldn't hurt and might just help, even a little. To find the article, just do a search for "vitamin d chronic pain webmd" -- there also several other good sites that pop up if you search for "chronic pain vitamin d." My pain did begin to diminish after my naturopath did bloodwork and discovered my vitamin d levels were very low and started supplementing my vitamin d, although I still feel that Dr. Sarno's books helped me a lot more!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
alexis Posted - 06/04/2010 : 17:12:17
quote:
Originally posted by marsha

You can't treat TMS with any medication or vitamins. It is a psychological pain syndrome.
You can take aspirin , Advil or the like to get the edge off pain so you can function. BUT, that isn't a cure.
Remember TMS is psychological not physical.
Marsha

I think there are two things to consider:

1) Vitamin D definitely has an impact on the brain, and any psychological condition, including TMS, is also a brain condition.

2) Vitamin D may also be treating chronic pain that isn't TMS.

None of that implies that if you have psychologically induced pain you don't need to take other actions, but deficiencies certainly can impact psychological state as whell as other physical conditions. And it doesn't seem unlikely to me that a deficiency could predispose one to TMS.

On a slight tangent, for those who haven't seem JimmyJimmy's "Cautionary Tale", here's a story about the very real importance of vitamin D from this site:

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2958

With a distraction syndrome we learn to diminish our focus on the physical and focus on the psychological. But the physical will always be there waiting for us, so I think when the work is done, the end goal is balance.
marsha Posted - 06/04/2010 : 15:13:45
You can't treat TMS with any medication or vitamins. It is a psychological pain syndrome.
You can take aspirin , Advil or the like to get the edge off pain so you can function. BUT, that isn't a cure.
Remember TMS is psychological not physical.
Marsha

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000