TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Carpal wrist symptoms won't stop

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marytabby Posted - 04/09/2005 : 13:20:59
Hi all,
Ever since my lower back went out on Christmas, I've had this annoying carpal-like problem in my wrists. I even saw a hand surgeon back in January who said it was DeQuervain's tendonitis. I passed the Finkelstein test for it, where they bend the thumb/wrist and had a cortisone shot injected. Hand surgeon said it's not carpal, it's DeQuervain's. Fair enough. It went away after injection (placebo?) now it's back and it's back with a vengeance, and it's really got me down. Sarno says that the braxial plexus nerves under the trapezius can affect the hands/wrists, and he's seen it a lot in TMS. So I am fully accepting of this theory. I keep trying to talk myself out of it, telling my brain to stop distracting me, I know what you're trying to do, you're trying to trick me, etc. Anyone had this carpal-like pain and clicking in the wrists that is really bad and if so, any suggestions? I am really struggling with it. Also, I did have my last chiro visit yesterday, I told him I'm stopping. So as of now I am only seeing a new psychologist. No more medical doctors left on my schedule. I am really in a lot of pain. Thanks.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mala Posted - 04/10/2005 : 21:30:27
Go to this great site which is about rsi and is a tribute to Sarno. Guaranteed to make you feel better.

http://podolsky.everybody.org/rsi/

Good Luck & Good Health
Mala
seanf Posted - 04/09/2005 : 18:00:55
Wrist pain was my first TMS symptom. It went on for a year before I discovered Sarno. After three weeks of applying his principles, it subsided. The pain was never severe, but it was enough to make me take leave from my job and quit playing guitar. Fear is a major ingredient in TMS.

One thing that helped me after I committed to the Sarno approach is to complete forget, as Dave suggested, about all the physical terminology that I had learned. I took a whole stack of books and website printouts on RSI, carpal tunnel, etc.. and threw them all away.

There's a few good websites on TMS/RSI out there. If you take a look at one of my recent posts I think you'll find the links...
marytabby Posted - 04/09/2005 : 16:35:56
Thanks Dave. I appreciate the advice! I am new and I am in pain so I need a little kick in the butt to be reminded.
Dave Posted - 04/09/2005 : 13:52:46
Forget everything you just wrote about. Make believe you never heard the word "DeQuervain" and that you have no idea where the "braxial plexus nerves" are. As long as you keep thinking physical, the symptoms will continue.

You have not been at this for very long. You cannot expect instant or even fast relief. Recovery from TMS takes weeks, months, or years. The treatment is clearly spelled out in Dr. Sarno's book. You need to follow it diligently. That means ignoring the pain as best as you can and focusing on sources of repressed rage in your life.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000