TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 "Take Off Your Glasses and See"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
plainchant Posted - 11/30/2004 : 14:48:08
I am reading a facinating book called "Take Off Your Glasses and See" by Dr. Jacob Liberman.

http://www.positivehealth.com/Reviews/books/liberman78.htm

I'm only a third into it, but what it is suggesting is quite remarkable: that one's poor vision comes from one's mind and not from defects in one's eyes (sound familiar?) It is further suggests that that one can regain perfect vision without the use of glasses, contacts, surgery etc.

So far everything in the book rings through to me. I will finish it and then put its ideas into practice to see what happens. But I thought other TMSers who wear glasses and contacts might be interested in reading this book as well so I wanted to mention it right away.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tennis tom Posted - 10/26/2013 : 18:57:16
quote:
Originally posted by Wavy Soul

Where is this quote from? It's very interesting.

Hi Katie, it came from here, at the bottom of the page:

http://www.eyesseenaturally.com/courses/readwithoutglasses.asp

Good Luck, hang in there.
Wavy Soul Posted - 10/26/2013 : 16:24:42
Oh! I only just read this, Tom. Are you still there?

Where is this quote from? It's very interesting.

I mean, what does it mean that in this most stressful decade of my life, I have developed double vision. And dry eyes? And yes, I cry, but apparently sommat's up.

Love is the answer, whatever the question
tennis tom Posted - 10/22/2013 : 09:03:21
The TMS connection to eyesight:

"The Onset of Presbyopia (Farsighteness after that age of “40”):

At the Natural Vision Centre what we see is that as people become increasingly dissatisfied with their lives, they are more likely to notice a deterioration of their vision. In some way, there is emotional or mental strain that eventually overwhelms the nervous system and visual blur is the resultant symptom.

The more people try new things as a way of patching and covering that dissatisfaction, the more their ability to focus on near vision deteriorates. However, when people focus on what is happening to them at the moment and clear up the actual issues rather that run from or ignore them, the more their vision improves. For those of us nearing midlife, it is typically related to our life or work satisfaction and/or a relationship or marriage that is no longer rewarding, but that we may feel a sense of apathy toward or indifference to changing."
Wavy Soul Posted - 10/15/2013 : 12:21:05
Tom, thanks for your kind words. Yes, it was/is a lot - especially as I have come back here and one of my close friends is dying and has dementia similar to my mum. Talk about a pattern.

Meir Schneider. Yes! I just saw him give a talk in Palo Alto last night. He is absolutely the real deal. Because he is in great demand and is on a mission to support his school, his hourly rate is high, but he referred me to his trainee Will who only charges $90 an hour, so I'm going to go. Meir's book is Vision For Life, and it's very good, but I think I need live juju.

Off for a walk in which I will NOT wear glasses.
xx

tennis tom Posted - 10/12/2013 : 19:42:29
Here's a link to Meir Schneider's web site:

http://self-healing.org/meir-schneider/
Ace1 Posted - 10/12/2013 : 19:18:08
Yes it's the basic concepts of my list to reduce your mental strain first and when your vision is blurry you know your strained and try not to force your eyes to function by straining with them more. Also remove all crutches like glasses unless when absolutely necessary for saftey reasons. You can do techniques like wavy talks about such as palming( which is mentioned on my list). Another one is visualzations - when your eyes are very blurry. One such as an ocean with a football fading away into the sunset until it becomes the smallest dot you can imagine. Swinging, which you move from side to side to stop your eyes for the practice of straining to see one little point. The process works works but you have to be VERY patient especially if your eyesight was poor when beginning this process.
tennis tom Posted - 10/11/2013 : 10:17:21
quote:
Originally posted by Wavy Soul

...I went to see the doc that Tennis Tom mentions, but felt it was way too much money and couldn't get myself to return.

...Then I found out about Meir Schneider, who cured himself of near-blindness (google him). He lives in San Francisco, and I went over the bridge and spent a couple of hours with him. He has a school where they teach all kinds of vision stuff. I was impressed with him - he's quite amazing, and definitely NOT into it for the money. He has a new book out.

Welcome back Katie, sincere condolences on your Mom, don't underestimate what you accomplished cleaning up all her life (and death) "stuff" in such a short period of time, seems amazing to be able to do all that, hope you had some help.

Sorry about my eye doc, but he has kids to send to private schools and all the exhorbitant costs associated with living in Norcal as you and I/eye both know. Like TMS docs, he probably can't economically survive by vision/VISION therapy alone so has to give the quick-eye fixes that most all want and expect. I like the fact that he is relatively non/invasive and doesn't start off by giving referrals to some kick-back eye-surgeon who cuts up your eyeballs to stretch them out.

Meir Schneider sounds interesting, wasn't he the guy who went blind and cured himself? I think I've got a video by him kicking around somewhere. Does he have a web-site you can link us to for future reference? If you're needing more knowledge on vision/VISION the books by Dr. Roberto Kaplan up in B.C., Canada are great!

Cheers,
tt
stocktrader Posted - 10/11/2013 : 06:18:05
Hey ACE,

For this treatment, you only use your "Keys to Healing" too?
Wavy Soul Posted - 10/10/2013 : 17:09:02
I've had major "eye" stuff for the last few years, since my family all started dying. Double vision and severe painful dry eyes.

My mum died 2 weeks ago, and my eyes hurt worse than ever. I am sure it is a form of TMS.

I went to see the doc that Tennis Tom mentions, but felt it was way too much money and couldn't get myself to return.

Then I found out about Meir Schneider, who cured himself of near-blindness (google him). He lives in San Francisco, and I went over the bridge and spent a couple of hours with him. He has a school where they teach all kinds of vision stuff. I was impressed with him - he's quite amazing, and definitely NOT into it for the money. He has a new book out.

But I felt that the one thing I got from him, to start the process by myself, was the process of palming - putting your hands cupped over your eyes, and trying to see darkness. I figured I would really practice that, and when I am really doing it - like a form of meditation - I would go back.

I have been doing it in the bath tub, where I can lean my elbows on the sides of the tub and comfortably palm my eyes. What I find is that under the complete relaxation which seems to be stronger with the hands cupped than if I were just wearing a blindfold, my eyes start to dart around and they actually WANT to do a certain kind of stretching. I can feel them kind of healing and unraveling themselves. Just like yoga for the eyes, as Tom said, except it's kind of a spontaneous version.

When I actually get into it for a few minutes, I become more aware of the emotional feelings that are being held there, and of course what you feel you can heal - or rather it no longer has its function to distract you or communicate with you. I am pretty sure that it is just a mass of tension focused on this part of me that really really gets my attention and seems like a very serious problem, because I can't do things I want to do.

I am letting go of the idea that it is a real, organic problem. More like very very very tight hamstrings.

stocktrader Posted - 10/10/2013 : 06:55:51
Good post.
Ace1 Posted - 10/09/2013 : 19:46:03
I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that this process is easy. It's been like 2.5 years of vision correction for me with significant improvement, but I still have years to go. It is possible and compliments TMS treatment very well, but it is very slow and you have to live for a period of time with blurry vision.
walnut864 Posted - 10/09/2013 : 13:52:13
ive ran across dr bates work before. i never gave it a chance i figured it was just snake oil. i too was told that i have astigmatism in both eye. i was in the 3rd grade when i was told i needed glasses. i even remember the optometrist saying that my vision would probably get worse until im in my 20s and it would stay the same after that.
well im 32 now and every 2 years my Rx gets worse and worse. I am currently wearing like a -4.75 and -4.50 in the other lens. i pay big money to get the polycarbonate lenses so i dont have these big thick bottle cap plastic lenses.
what i would like to know from the people that have actually had some success with this is: do u think it would be a waste of my time considering my vision?
how i can i go without glasses when i cant read the letters on the keyboard more than a foot from my face?
also i have one interesting thing id like to say. as a kid sitting in church i would get bored and i can remember sitting way in the back and id take my glasses off and play with my eyelids. i noticed that if i take my skin and stretch my eyelids like a chinese person that by stretching it a certain way and applying the right pressure i could see perfectly from the back of the church to the choir any idea why?
cakeflowfatt Posted - 04/23/2013 : 09:55:42
Being the youngest, most of them wearing glasses, and 2 parents who wore them, I would say I expected I would need them. One of those 'inherited' disorders.

CFF
-Trying to forgive, let go, sleep, and make my spoiled inner child grow up
windy Posted - 04/20/2013 : 12:08:12
Alex, I pm'd you with my email addy.
dgreen97 Posted - 04/19/2013 : 14:24:14
because reading what you said is like seeing myself in the mirror
dgreen97 Posted - 04/19/2013 : 14:21:33
vivian would it be possible to talk to you more about this? you were the first person i found that has many of the same issues and wanted to get your insight if you would be so kind. we could talk through email or on the message board here
windy Posted - 04/17/2013 : 10:27:01
Hi Alex,
I rarely read this forum, so luckily I saw your post! I rarely wear glasses now. I do wear a light distance rx for driving but that's it. On paper, my vision has not improved. However,I feel that my eyes are far more functional. I rarely get headaches and eye strain and my eyes are not reliant on glasses anymore. I don't actually do the exercises in the book, I feel I benefitted from simply viewing the situation differently. Hope this helps. Be well.

Vivian
GTfan Posted - 04/15/2013 : 19:13:24
quote:
Originally posted by Ace1

Thanks al,
gt, you can correct it with a fairly negative prescription, mine was -5 and I am not 20/20 all the time yet, but am significantly better after 2 years and thats bairly wearing glasses, if at all. It seems the more negative you are the harder it is to fix and takes a lot of work. Like in TMS though, there are exceptions listed in dr bates' writings where some with a very negative prescription got better very fast.

Ok, I'm at -5.75. This will be my project after I find complete relief of groin pain and TMJ.

You’ll fall down, you stumble, you land square on your face. And every time that happens, you get back on your feet. You get up just as fast as you can, no matter how many times you need to do it
Ace1 Posted - 04/15/2013 : 16:17:05
Thanks al,
gt, you can correct it with a fairly negative prescription, mine was -5 and I am not 20/20 all the time yet, but am significantly better after 2 years and thats bairly wearing glasses, if at all. It seems the more negative you are the harder it is to fix and takes a lot of work. Like in TMS though, there are exceptions listed in dr bates' writings where some with a very negative prescription got better very fast.
GTfan Posted - 04/15/2013 : 11:55:25
Wow, this is unbelievable. I started reading Sarno a week ago, I feel like my issues with chronic groin pain get better every day.

This subject hits home with me also. I have needed glasses or contacts since I was in 3rd grade for near-sightedness. My vision pretty much gets worse every time I go back for an appointment, and now I'd say that I'm pretty much legally blind beyond a couple of feet.

Has anybody been able to "cure" eyesight as bad as mine is? This would be amazing if I were able to do this.

You’ll fall down, you stumble, you land square on your face. And every time that happens, you get back on your feet. You get up just as fast as you can, no matter how many times you need to do it

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000