TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Gastrointestinal, dermotologic and allergic

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Harry Segal Posted - 08/31/2014 : 20:46:28
Let me state clearly, these are covered in Dr. Sarno's "The Divided Mind". In fact, they are a primary focus.

I share this because I have needed to see it clearly covered.

I had great success with TMS and pain issues. Neck and shoulder. I went down the usual long and awful road of doctors, medicines, acupuncturists, chiropractors etc. Then I found Dr. Sarno's "Mind over Back Pain" and have been fine since. Over a decade now.

I then had success dealng with GI issues as TMS. I had severe heartburn for ten plus years. I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia. Lots of meds. Lots of doctors, herbalists, dieticians, accupuncturists etc. No help. Treated it as TMS, got off all meds pretty fast. Been mostly heartburn free for three plus years now. But I needed to see it clearly covered in Sarno to believe this too was TMS.

Then, severe stomach pain. Lots of tests. Colonoscopy. Upper GI. Chest x ray etc. lots of medicines. Diagnosed with diverticulities, then "likely Chrohns". It was only when I finally addressed the stomach pain as TMS that things got better. I'm still working this one but have seen great improvement in treating it as TMS. No doctors, no meds, lots of journalling, less fear.

Now I am struggling with allergies including severe hives, chest pain and swelling of the face and throat. Yet, seeing it clearly fall under TMS is proving to be a big help. And it feels right. The allergies, like all my other TMS symptoms have a pattern. Doctors do not know what causes them. I have had a ton of tests with no result. I go on a bunch of medicines with some effect for a bit and then no help. But I am finding that the more I focus on TMS, the less meds I take, the more fear I let go, the better I feel. I am grateful to have modern meds to deal with an emergency situation. But for actual treatment of my allergies, TMS is the way to go.

But as much as I accept one set of ailments as TMS, I find it hard to take in another. So, I am glad to have found defined very clearly in The Divided Mind... GI, dermatological, allergic top the list of suspects for TMS. Not just neck pain!

I hope this is of help to others.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Harry Segal Posted - 09/08/2014 : 18:52:13
Thanks for the replays. Harry

HS
alix Posted - 08/31/2014 : 21:32:03
Harry,
After my initial success, I also started to have knee pain, allergies, calf pain, back pain etc...
That stopped when I spent more time feeling or experiencing my emotions viscerally. Over and over.
tennis tom Posted - 08/31/2014 : 21:15:10
quote:
Originally posted by Harry Segal

*Let me state clearly, these are covered in Dr. Sarno's "The Divided Mind". In fact, they are a primary focus.

*I had severe heartburn for ten plus years.

*But I needed to see it clearly covered in Sarno to believe this too was TMS.

* I'm still working this one but have seen great improvement in treating it as TMS. No doctors, no meds, lots of journalling, less fear.

*Yet, seeing it clearly fall under TMS is proving to be a big help. And it feels right. The allergies, like all my other TMS symptoms have a pattern. Doctors do not know what causes them. I have had a ton of tests with no result. I go on a bunch of medicines with some effect for a bit and then no help.

*But I am finding that the more I focus on TMS, the less meds I take, the more fear I let go, the better I feel.

*I am grateful to have modern meds to deal with an emergency situation.

*But for actual treatment of my allergies, TMS is the way to go.

*I hope this is of help to others.

Great post Harry!!!

Thanks for sharing and I'm sure those who read it will be greatly helped. Some times you just need a TMS BOOSTER to overcome new symptoms the TMS gremlin lays on us thinking it is helping to protect us. We can't stop the human condition from giving us symptoms but we can control our mindbody health by possessing the Good Doctor's TMS KNOWLEDGE PENICILLIN in our mental medicine cabinet. It's ALL in the books, all we have to do is do some searching to find our answers.

Thanks for sharing!
tt

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000