TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 really? again? seriously?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jennypeanut Posted - 12/11/2014 : 16:51:29
TMS has come back with a vengance. Have had very strange symptoms such as constant pain in my chest/lung. Saw 2 drs. Nothing. Then I noticed I was getting headaches. Suddenly, the "lung pain" of months vanished. Gone. No more! Headache? Oh yes. One lasted three entire weeks! Saw a Dr. "sinuses" (whatever). Then I had my first ocular migraine. Wow. Scary. But that is benign too and brought on by "stress". Now the headaches are gone and one of my old nemesis has returned; dizziness. It's not even that I'm wobbly, just a feeling like I'm about to be. When I'm very distracted with a task it's gone! But let the mind have some free time or menial work where it has time to wander and BOOM. It's back. In addition to the fear of dizziness I am so scared I'm going to get another migraine. Basically, I'm fearing what's next. I'm like "am I about to have ______". It's truly the weirdest TMS symptom; fearing the next physical issue. I'm so concentrated on my body and any tiny red warning flag that it's RIDICULOUS. Flight or Fight is out of control. This is insanity. Truly. I'm trying to tell my mind things like "thanks for sharing, no thanks" and "I am healthy, strong, relaxed". Doing deep breathing, trying to refocus my mind on the positives. Under loads of stress thanks to some in-law drama and marriage stuff. I know it's all just pouring into my body but sometimes I need some reminders (support) from others (like you). I know it's in my mind because the symptoms change and move around. Once one stops, another one begins. The one before is miraculously healed on it's own. I don't want shaming "you shouldn't...." I don't want suggestions "you should....." I just want support. Ideas to help counter this beast in my mind. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Carolyn Posted - 12/18/2014 : 09:24:54
I can definitely relate- I have been going through an ever-changing parade of symptoms for the last few months- and many of the new ones suck me in at least temporarily. But you are exactly right- I know it's in my mind because the symptoms change and move around! I focus on that and keep reminding myself and then observe as the symptoms shift which reinforces what I know is true. But there is frustration that it keeps moving and does not actually seem to be moving on OUT this time. I am finding that a lot of emotions are coming up- often in the morning when I first wake up, but other times as well. I try to see this as a good thing and "lean-into" them whenever I notice them which is also an unpleasant experience. I feel like it is the right thing to do but I am not experiencing immediate relief from doing it and find myself then trying to avoid the feeling of frustration that comes from that! Old habits die hard-so now I try to remember to lean-into that frustration as well.

I also find validation knowing that others experience the same thing because otherwise it feels crazy- which is why I'm adding my experience to yours. Remind yourself that as annoying as this is, it is SO much better than the dark times before you knew about TMS and wallowed in misery stuck with one symptom. The knowledge makes me feel more in control and less a helpless victim. It also helps me to notice the changing list of physical complaints of almost everyone I know to remind myself that it is not just those of us on this board that live with TMS.

p.s- my doctor informed me not to long ago that the weird psychedelic sensations - throbbing colors, patterns and for me also weird smells that were waking me up in the middle of the night sounded like occular migraines. I looked it up, saw stress as a factor and another lightbulb went on. They are scary because they have a weird disconnected feeling for me and they immediately make you think brain-tumor or something equally awful. But again, knowledge is power- and I haven't had one in a while (hmmm.... I bet I will have one tonight now that I have brought it up- that seems to be how things go for me- I'll keep you posted)

Carolyn
armchairlinguist Posted - 12/14/2014 : 14:08:37
Sounds like you are going through some tough stuff, and your body knows it. I like your idea of telling your body that you see it sharing and appreciate the message, but don't need it to do that. Are you doing something that helps make that true, by dealing with your emotional stress in another way that works for you?

Life is a bear sometimes. You can get through it.

--
What were you expecting?
mala Posted - 12/13/2014 : 03:47:03
Jenny, I think u r well aware that it is TMS or stress manifesting itself in different ways thru your body. So take the focus off the body by dealing with the issues that u have so clearly identified. Get angry or talk to someone about the issues or journal or do whatever u need to to address the issues before they address you further. Get it out of yr system & get rid of the fear .

Wishing you all the best.

Mala

"It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know
what sort of disease a person has." ~ Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)

Mala Singh Barber on Facebook
miehnesor Posted - 12/12/2014 : 17:37:33
quote:
Originally posted by jennypeanut

Under loads of stress thanks to some in-law drama and marriage stuff.

Ahhhh the stuff TMS is made from. Sounds like you are really angry but
afraid to vent it. Is there some third party you can turn to to talk to (too many to's)?
How about writing about it? How is this situation familiar to something in your past?

phillyjoe Posted - 12/12/2014 : 13:09:19
Jenny, I hear you, support you, praying for a peace that passeth all understanding to consume you.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000