TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Saw Dr. Angelov in MA

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marytabby Posted - 03/07/2016 : 16:14:36
I had an appointment today with Dr. Angelov in Swampscott, MA today for a 10 month excruciating knee issue. For anyone in the Boston or MA/NH area I would highly recommend him.
I have seen Dr. Martinez in Dedham for many issues that have cropped up over the past 10 years that feel like possible TMS and every time I go to him he would like to be able to help me with TMS but is always a little unsure if that is what he is dealing with. So, nice guy but not much TMS help.
I had a Skype session with Dr. Sopher last July and I found his style to be very unhelpful (sorry, doc!). His approach is a bit dismissive and sorry, folks, but I need explanations to build my confidence and basically the session with Sopher was him saying "it's TMS get on with it" and then in the follow up emails I sent he did not answer my nervous questions but more replied again along the same lines of "stop asking questions, it's TMS." Right or wrong, maybe this approach works for some people but the way I learn about a very tricky and stubborn process like TMS is if someone explains it to me and tells me the hows and why's because those are very much part of my understanding, confidence and acceptance. I am a "show me" learner. Today's visit with Dr. Angelov was awesome. He spent a really good chunk of time with me (50 mins) and looked at my knee MRI film and also read the written report. He showed me on the MRI films that my Cartilage is mildly worn but that the level of pain I have really doesn't support a Cartilage wearing diagnosis, which is what my knee doctor told me it was and two shots (cortisone and Synvic) into the knee did nothing. Today's visit felt like a caring TMS doc actually spent some time with me and reassured me, which gave me the confidence to walk out with my head high so that I can continue working on this and not feel incomplete or like a pain in the butt just because I have the need for some reassurance. Also, having a doctor see me in person is a much better way for me to accept, but also he must be caring and compassionate which doctor Angelov is, and he accepts my Harvard Pilgrim insurance so all I had to pay was a $40 co-pay. Nice. Onward and upward to for this long time TMSer. Breathe.............
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marytabby Posted - 03/09/2016 : 10:39:39
TT,
We do have a few here in New England. I will say, some people may do splendidly with a phone or Skype consult. I am of the old school "laying of hands" because my admittedly stubborn id brain wants it her way. There are probably merits to a non in person consult for people who are laid back and not uptight. Does that exist in TMS? Not really. Hoping for a good result in my recovery.
tennis tom Posted - 03/08/2016 : 19:46:22
Thanks for the update. You are lucky to have such a number of TMS doctors to go to. Angelov sound great, could you please send him out to the West Coast. Thanks for posting to the TMS Wiki also. Best of luck pursuing all the activities your new freedom will allow you.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000