TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Intense release of emotions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
truenorth Posted - 08/06/2017 : 12:01:05
I've posted recently vis a vis walking issues that turned out to be totally stress-related, in other words, classic TMS. This time, after 14 long years of pain, the TMS went too far. I went nuclear with my response and did several things that have helped me finally achieve a 30-40% reduction in pain, and maybe more importantly, a reduction of the fear.

What helped: Fred Amir's book and program. I owned the book for many years but never really followed the program. The results have been amazing. I visualized walking, getting better, doing all the things I was afraid of doing.

I've also ratcheted up my exercise routine with cycling, Nordic walking and swimming, full out with no regard for the pain, 5-6 days a week plus daily Qigong and most importantly, strecthing. Just being active has been the key I think. Much less fear.

I know that releasing buried emotions can be an important part of getting better. Up until now, no amount of journaling or focusing on my Sarno list of what might be bothering me subconsciously has ever helped. Don't know why.

I've tried releasing buried emotions since April by lying on the floor and focusing on the pain in a particular part of my body. Had some intense shaking, really intense, but no pain relief.

I have pain and stiffness around my hips which I know is 100% TMS. I have trouble bending and squatting and my back is always tight. Last night, I took the squats I do to a new level (squat with arms out and back straight) and went down more and held longer. About an hour later, I was overcome with intense fatigue and had to sit on the couch and doze on and off for an hour. I remember one of my TMS therapists telling me this is a sign the "beaver dam" of emotions is breaking up, something that must occur before I can get better. Today, I have noticeable improvement all the way around.

All this make sense to me, as I'm convinced the pain and stiffness is simply the manifestation of the buried emotions in my body. I've taken yoga recently and have had the same type of release, albeit on a much smaller scale.

I wanted to share this with everyone. I have much more work to do but I'm sure I'm on the way to healing.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
miehnesor Posted - 08/18/2017 : 19:06:41
Have you read "The Drama of the Gifted child"? This is a great way to start working
on uncovering feelings. Many people begin to feel just from this book alone.

Starting down the "Inner Child" path is the best way to feelings from my experience.

Great progress so far!
Dave Posted - 08/15/2017 : 09:45:44
quote:
Originally posted by truenorth
I have much more work to do but I'm sure I'm on the way to healing.

No question. Your attitude and behavior is right on target. Keep up the good work and try to have a long-term view and not monitor your daily progress. Expect setbacks as TMS "ups the ante" in its attempt to prevent your from disrupting its strategy.
altherunner Posted - 08/07/2017 : 20:06:58
good news! I have not taken Fred Amir's program but have heard it is very good

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000