TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Don Dubin and phone consultations from anywhere

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 09/09/2005 : 08:02:07
There is an psychotherapist in LA who Dr. David Schechter refers his TMS patients to. His name is Don Dubin. He also does phone consultations and has TMS clients all over the world whom he talks with on the phone. He had TMS himself and has fully recovered. He has a high success rate with his clients. He can be reached at:
323 651 4390.

He is not cheap though. The cost is $125 per session
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 09/19/2005 : 20:07:38
Don Dubin is not a doctor, he is a psychotherapist. He has not written a book, but there is a CD of him and Dr. David Schechter having a dialogue about TMS patients they have treated. For ordering please see: http://www.mindbodymedicine.com/index2.html

Please note that the recording is 5 years old and Dubin has learned a lot more since then. He has a severe recurrence of TMS some time after this recording from which he was thanfully able to recover.

TMS doctors can found at: http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm
This is not a complete listing.

Here is another list with some overlaps: http://www.tarpityoga.com/directory.html

Best wishes.
skidudette Posted - 09/19/2005 : 16:14:01
Hi. Do you know if Dr. Dubin has any tapes/cds that he has put together that are available to tms sufferers? Also, do you know of a site that lists tms therapists throughout the country? Thank you. Skidudette.
n/a Posted - 09/15/2005 : 07:21:06
Don Dubin's mailing address is:

600 South San Vicente Blvd. Suite D
Los Angeles, California

Again, his phone number is 323 651 4390

The sessions are from 50min to 1 hour max

Best wishes.
altherunner Posted - 09/13/2005 : 18:05:31
I had 4 sessions- I sent him a check in advance. I think 3 would have been enough, and is a good start. I think the sessions wer 1/2 hour on the phone.
2scoops Posted - 09/13/2005 : 13:02:45
How long is a session? How you you pay him, through paypal?
n/a Posted - 09/13/2005 : 08:38:05
He has stated that the most he has ever done with anyone - and that is the extreme - is 15 sessions, and this was a very touch case. He starts off with 3 sessions and then sees how it goes from there.
2scoops Posted - 09/13/2005 : 08:11:02
I am thinking of doing therapy myself. I wonder how many sessions Dubin usually has with his patients.
n/a Posted - 09/13/2005 : 08:04:08
On a CD I have, Don Dubin has a dialogue with Dr. David Schechter in which he discusses several TMS patients he has helped in the past. It is very insightful.

In his work Dubin talks with people all over the world and he told me he even has a clinet in Argentina. Dr. Schechter is the one who reccommended him to me because of his high success rate and also that Dubin had TMS himself (severe back pain with months of unsuccessful treatment) and recovered using TMS treatment so he is coming from the vantage point of being there.

No one can guarantee 100% success because as that depends also a lot - if not mostly - on the patient.
altherunner Posted - 09/12/2005 : 20:41:28
I had phone therapy from Dr. Dubin, with good results. He is very keen on eliminating pain, not examining my dysfunctional childhood endlessly. I have not had therapy from anyone else, so I can't compare his treatment, but I would not hesitate to reccomend him.
He was reccomended to me by Maria Candelaria, a tms therapist in Washington State, the closest tms therapist or doctor to western Canada.
leegold Posted - 09/12/2005 : 18:09:45
seems cheap, actually- the guy in north nj sarno recommended is $225/session...

Lee
"A tranquil heart is life to the body, but passion is rottenness to the bones"
Kajsa Posted - 09/12/2005 : 14:50:22
He has a high success rate with his clients.
How do you know that?
Because he told you so?

Kajsa

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000