TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 Success over TMS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tcherie Posted - 06/06/2017 : 14:30:51
I am one of the individuals who have used this website and the teachings of Dr. Sarno to get over TMS and never got around to contributing how I've overcome my issues. Why am I back, because I've recently had a retriggering of TMS symptoms, but I am successfully getting over them.

So let me see if I can make this short...to date, I have gotten over back pain, overall body aches, anxiety, depression, and teeth pain. The worst of which was probably the back pain and body aches. My journey of course started with an event that triggered anxiety and depression. The back pain was triggered by an incident that happened with a chiropractor, and later I developed body aches. Looking desperately to a solution to my back pain I came across TMS and Dr. Sarno on the internet. Whatever, I read on-line on TMS resonated with me and I bought the book Healing Back Pain.. I also bought the book by Fred Amir, and two others from Dr. Sarno, the Divided Mind, and the MindBody Prescription.I can't remember exactly, but somewhere over the course of reading these books and really thinking about what was going on in my body, I stopped fearing what was going on in me, and related it back to how my mind was reacting to stress. I can't remember exactly, but I do feel that in the course of just a few months I totally recovered from the back pain and body aches that was going on for over a year prior to the books.

I've had other physical issues, but they remained minor because my strategy when I feel like TMS is affecting me is to: 1) Ask myself, is there something that is bothering me, 2) Recognize that no matter how small the incident or repressed I may have kept my feelings that it is having an affect on me, 3) I affirm in my mind and out loud that I am healthy, there is nothing wrong with my body, and I give my body the permission to release these negative feelings (I either pray, talk my situation out loud to myself or to a caring friend, or journal), and I immediately begin listening to the audio tapes I saved of the Mind Body Prescription. If that by itself doesn't do it, I listen to the Divided Mind.I always start noticing an inconsistency in the physical symptoms that let me know that the TMS is on the run and I am on the right track.

So I am back because, I had an argument with a close friend. The next morning I woke up with facial pain. The facial pain is on the side I have a bad tooth that has never bothered me, but I have been concerned that it could start bothering me any day. I was also told by the dentist that I grind my teeth at night. I think these being in the back of my mind was the reason that TMS manifested itself in this area, because I would naturally believe there to be something wrong. Every morning I would wake up and have the facial pain. Then it would stop around mid-day. I always felt it was TMS and I started immediately listening to my audio book, journaling, and telling the TMS I do not need it to protect me from my feelings. Its been less than a week, and I feel that the facial pain has got to a point that I barely even notice anything. I have to think about it, but I feel like I have successfully dealt with it based on recognizing it as TMS. So to quote Dr. Sarno from Chapter 6 of the The MindBody Prescription, "No matter how severe injuries heal. Continuing pain is always the signal that TMS has begun."

Just an interesting side point. I have done health scans over my body by naturopaths, and two independently said I should have back pain, but I have none (they were right about their other diagnosis). I have always found that interesting. I think if I didn't know about TMS, and hadn't already gotten over back pain, that the fact that they told me this could have triggered physical pain or maybe something else that the scan is reading is stating that the symptom I should be experiencing is back pain. When I hear things like these I am always grateful for the knowledge I have gained on TMS.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000