TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 book that provides scientific evidence to tms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JohnD Posted - 08/29/2005 : 18:49:18
the book "Power vs. Force" by David Hawkins, MD PhD provided me with some hard evidence and research as to why TMS occurs in some people, and what internalizing Sarno's concepts actually does for us. Some of what he says is hard to swallow, and some of it makes alot of sense coming from a tms perspective.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wavy Soul Posted - 04/06/2013 : 10:58:50
Am reviving this thread, because I have discovered David Hawkins work after many years of arrogantly resisting it, thinking I knew what it was - and I didn't!

He also has a book I am reading called "Healing and Recovery" which is absolutely INCREDIBLE for TMSers. He lays it all out there, in a way that you can hardly refute. Very Sarno-esque, and also includes an enlightened point of view re spiritual experience and surrender, etc.

I read about a book a day, and I am getting SO MUCH out of Hawkins' books.

Unfortunately he passed last year. Darnit, I would have loved to meet him.

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Laura Posted - 08/30/2005 : 10:52:57
John,

Okay, now I get where Dr. Dyer is getting a lot of his stuff from - it all makes sense. He talks about this in his book too. Fascinating stuff...

Thanks -

Laura
JohnD Posted - 08/30/2005 : 10:37:12
Laura,
The author uses muscle testing to calibrate energy levels of various emotions. He finds that emotions like shame, guilt and fear are much lower on the energy scale and make people prone to illness. Some of the higher levels like love,joy,reason and acceptance calibrate at higher levels of energy. At these higher levels of energy, illnesses disappear. My conclusion is that Sarno is at a much higher level than most, probably somewhere in the genius range and he an see clearly how tms works. By exposing us to his thoughts, it actually allows us to come to a higher level of energy where TMS disappears.
Laura Posted - 08/29/2005 : 22:57:23
John,

Funny you would mention that book. Dr. Dyer, in his book The Power of Intention, speaks a great deal about Dr. Hawkins. Dr. Dyer did a special on public television a couple weeks ago and he was talking about Dr. Hawkins and some of the things he was saying made me want to run out and find this guy's book. Can you elaborate more on this book and how it relates to TMS?

Laura

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000