TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 SuccessStory: 10 month nightmare - I woke up!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
flyefisher Posted - 07/19/2006 : 19:21:23
Hello. I'm new. I discovered my TMS 5 days ago. Maybe that isn't enough time, but I can't remember ever being so certain about anything.

Last year was rough. A lot of good things happened but it was the most stressful in my life. Within a 5 month period:
- Job change
- Home remodel
- Wife had our first child (she's wonderful)
- Mother in law lived with us for 6 weeks (she helped but made my life hell)

Around the time of my MIL's visit back pain set in. I went to chiro. Got better. Then got worse, convinced it was some lifting I did in the basement. Went to orthopedic nov/dec 2005, to physical therapy for "sacroiliac joint dysfunction". Got better. Pushed a boat off a trailer Jan. 1. Convinced I had reinjured, I went into pain. Got a little better, but buttock pain persisted. Trained harder for my bike racing in March, and started getting worse, convinced that my lack of core strengthining was at the root. I went to my Dr. and to a neurosurgeion who diagnosed me with disk degenerative disease. Another chiropractor saw my MRI (which was fine according to the radiologist) and said I had internal disk disruption L4/L5, 18 months of rest recommended!!! Got better. Then got worse. Finally in June I decided to abandon all activity. I had reached the point where I was barely riding my bike, could barely stand my daily commute, had to sleep away from my wife on our futon, dreaded cutting the lawn, replaced my chair at work with a Saddle Seat (these are great by the way), bought a new mattress (coming soon). Convinced myself it was sacroiliac dysfunction, so I went to new chiro.

Then it all came down. Last Saturday I had a nervous breakdown. I decided it was now the chiro and my daily stretching that were preventing my healing. On Monday I saw the chiro, told him that I had to seek psycho help because I was losing my mind. He said something about Sarno's book and wished me best of luck (this is a really good guy, this chiro).

I read the book. After reading gobs of stuff for days on end, weeks on end, I read something that described me to a T.

Suddenly I can sit in my car and go to work. I cut the grass yesterday and had no pain. There is still a small ache but it feels like the muscle waste. I am a bike racer (will be again soon, was not for a while because of these stupid DEMONS) and know the muscle pain Sarno references.

I AM FREE!!! I took a ride in my car last night to relax after baby went to bed. I was riding along and started to think about how I could ride my bike again and be FREE!!! I burst into tears. I can't tell you, it was HELL. Who can live like that? I actually had said to my best friend just two weeks ago, had I not had a child I would have probably jumped off a bridge. Seriously. I was at my wits end. I had a great, healthy life, full of fun and motion. Within one year I went from that to less than elderly.

TMS is a nightmare. But the beauty is you can conquer it without surgery, years of waiting and babying your body.

THANK YOU DR. SARNO!!!!!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Michele Posted - 07/20/2006 : 09:42:48
Your story brought tears to my eyes! Congratulations on discovering the solution to your pain. Good luck on your return to bike racing - you know you can do it! (Did you hear about the TdF today? OMIGOD!) Best of all, being "reunited" with your family and new baby. Life is good! Good luck in the future!
wolf29 Posted - 07/19/2006 : 20:57:22
Great story. Thanks for sharing. I have flare ups as well and it's a daily battle to ignore the pain. The only thing I'm sure of is that TMS won't beat me in the long run. I like to do active things too much to let TMS have its way with me. Now, I woman can have her way with me any time

Hope you continue on your road to freedom

Jay
Singer_Artist Posted - 07/19/2006 : 20:27:47
YEEHA!!! Congratulations! I love to hear this!!! Good for you!
~Karen

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000