TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 RSI is gone. Victory is mine!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Redsandro Posted - 05/02/2007 : 05:29:27
Hi!

Some of you might remember me from my RSI stuff a while back. I've had it for about seven years, to the point of 'level 3' arms-no-use for a third time during which I wanted to either die or change. (I never actually wanted to die, it's a figure of speech )

It was a struggle with many irrational flareups, symptom imperatives and stuff but bluntly said I think it took about a month to heal 90% and another 2 months to heal 100%. I am entirely RSI free for 4 months now.

I was truely amazed, but now I understand it's quite normal. However, I still have troubles curing other minor TMS manifestations. It feels like the worst manifestations are the easiest to cure. And that's good!

It's a weird feeling to be on the no-one-believes-me side of a 'controversial idea', while knowing it's actually quite an amazing fact. It's nice to speculate about the greatness of our sociëty when every single person was a TMS master. Concider the huge flow of money, time and unhappyness that becomes obsolete.

I think we should never forget to acknowledge our inner child from time to time, or risk getting inner conflict which may result in some sort of pain manifestation or worse; disease.

As I said, I am not able to tackle everything yet, and I think somehow, when the need to tackle something isn't yet high enough it's your parent that influents your desire to fix it in a negative way. But I assure you, it's possible to reprogram undesired neurologic patterns in the brain to rid TMS symptoms. If you had your share of biology you know how neurologic networks work. The older they get, the nastier they are to tackle. Inner harmony (through journaling), knowledge and understanding proven to be major keywords in my success.

Don't give up. You have the right to be healthy.

(If anyone is dutch, I wrote some article here: http://www.rednet.nl/vision/articles/123)
armchairlinguist Posted - 05/03/2007 : 08:24:40
Congratulations! I'm pleased you've conquered the gremlin.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
alexis Posted - 05/02/2007 : 16:34:28
Excellent news Redsandro! You were one of the folks I felt was in there with me when I first posted on this board with my RSI. I'm so glad to see we've both made it.

And I can relate to the the weird part of being on the other side of a controversial issue. Most other places where I might have a significantly non-mainstream belief it's either a bit more widely accepted (so I have some community) or so obscure it doesn't come up. But when you see someone you work with come in in arm braces it really is a struggle to know how to handle it in each individual case.

Tag: successstory
shawnsmith Posted - 05/02/2007 : 16:11:37
quote:
Originally posted by Redsandro

When you say psychological work, I think about journaling. Is that what you meant, or is there more?

Not necessarily, although I would not give up journaling 100%. But try to stay mindful of the impact of life's pressures- and they will come- as the pressure you place on yourself. Journaling is a good way to keep your reminded but if you have other methods then that is fine also. I recommend you continue to read the pyschology sections of Dr. Sarno's books at least once a month just as a reminder.

Sarno-ize it!
Woodchuck Posted - 05/02/2007 : 13:18:57
quote:
Originally posted by Redsandro

Hi!
I was truely amazed, but now I understand it's quite normal. However, I still have troubles curing other minor TMS manifestations. It feels like the worst manifestations are the easiest to cure. And that's good!

That is great about your recovery! And, talking about the 'minor manifestations', sometimes I have more trouble dealing with 'hangnail' issues than the 'big' ones ;) For example, I have a motorcycle with a slight buzzing sound in the console that happens intermittantly when I come to a stop. I've tried for quite awhile to locate what is causing that to no avail. I've pretty much given up on it and ignore it, saying, "Well, it could be a BIG noise of consequence, so don't worry about it." But once in awhile I will focus on it and it drives me nuts! LOL! Glad to hear you are now dealing with only the minor 'buzzing' pain issues!

Woodchuck
marytabby Posted - 05/02/2007 : 13:05:52
Congrats to you! What a relief, huh?
Good job!
Gemma_Louise Posted - 05/02/2007 : 12:47:40
Yeah, the rational side of my brain knows that it makes sense that it's TMS. I've always typed and been absolutely fine. It's only since several stressful events have occurred this year that I've started to experience problems. Plus the pain comes and goes throughout the day and I would expect a structural problem to be constantly painful. It's just that when the pain is there, I always end up panicking that something is wrong. I try to fight it, but it's so hard and it's demoralising when you get pain day after day.

Anyway, Dr Sopher's book has arrived in the post today so I'm going to read that and I'm hoping it will help me to be strong and deal with this!

Thank you for your words of encouragement, it's really appreciated.

Redsandro Posted - 05/02/2007 : 12:29:57
Thanks for the advice, shawnsmith. It's for the better. I must admid though that since the worst problem is gone, the work is difficult. Back then, I journalled every day. Now, since most of my life isn't occupied by suffering, I keep postponing the time for myself so I can do other stuff I couldn't do or didn't want to do before. I should do more, both as a preventive mesurement and to get even more healthy.

When you say psychological work, I think about journaling. Is that what you meant, or is there more?

Gemma Louise, don't give up. I was very skeptical too. And even after many weeks of no pain, while working almost fulltime (meaning there's no way there was a physical cause possible), when I had a slight flare-up I was immediately worried about the physical cause, but I argued with myself that it was impossible and I should go on, since it already brought me great relief.

You might want to look up some of the stupid questions I asked on this board. The fact is, even with my success, I still don't know how to convince people, even myself. I was 'lucky' that I had pain to the point where I didn't really have an alternative. It was sit and wait or trust TMS is the way. Now that I experienced total cure, the circle is complete and I can build bridges. It is truely amazing what you can do with your mind. Albeit somewhat vague and scary at times.

Gemma_Louise Posted - 05/02/2007 : 12:01:10
Yeah, good to hear things have improved for you. I'm currently struggling with RSI type symptoms and it's really getting me down. I keep telling myself it's TMS, but there's always that niggling voice saying there's something structurally wrong and then I panic that things will just get worse and worse and that I'll never type or work again!

It's comforting to hear success stories like yours.

Littlebird Posted - 05/02/2007 : 11:05:39
Wonderful news! Thanks for updating us--it's very encouraging to know how things have worked out for you.
shawnsmith Posted - 05/02/2007 : 10:45:49
Congratulations

I advise you, however, to continue to do the pyschological work, as outlind in Dr Sarno's books, as a preventative measure for the future.

Sarno-ize it!
sensei adam rostocki Posted - 05/02/2007 : 10:38:02
Great post and congratulations on your accomplishment! Hope the pain stays away forever.

CURE-BACK-PAIN(dot)ORG

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000