TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 RSI 100% success

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jude Posted - 03/17/2009 : 10:28:33
This story isn't recent, but I just discovered this board. So here goes..

I started getting RSI (carpal tunnel) about 15 years ago. It was initially pretty bad, but someone showed me some hatha yoga exercises and they worked really well. I had many years symptom free. If I ever got symptoms, I did the exercises and the problem went away.

Then about 3 years ago, the symptoms returned, only this time with a vengeance. And, to my shock, the exercises had zero effect. My mom had just died and it was a generally stressful time, though I wasn't necessarily connecting that with the RSI at the time.

I work at the computer all day (writer/editor) so the pain was a real problem. One morning I had a good 8 hours of work to do. When I sat down at the computer, the pain was so intense I figured I could do about 3 minutes before I'd have to quit. Somehow I decided to use that 3 min to google for help instead. And I found this site--

http://conquerrsi.com/handout.html

The guy, Nate, describes TMS and how he used Sarno's method to heal RSI. The site is just one page (check it out!) and by the time I had read to the bottom, all my symptoms were gone!! I did the full 8 hours (with breaks of course) and never felt a thing. And I've remained free of RSI ever since, about 3 years now.

Because I healed so fast, I didn't do much inquiry into the emotional connections. I did recognize my general stress level, etc. And I had the insight that I had an underlying feeling of lack of empowerment that manifested in my arms. As if I was subtly holding back while I worked, and that somehow kept oxygen from my arms and turned into the RSI. When it healed, I gained a greater sense of "can do" flowing through my arms (if that makes sense).

I found this board because I have recently developed another pain (in the groin area) that I suspect to be TMS. I won't write about it in this post because it isn't (yet) a success story, though it does support the idea of being TMS-prone.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000