TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Andy's root canal

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andy64tms Posted - 09/13/2014 : 19:35:47
Andy's Root Canal
Hi everyone, first post in a long while,

Some of you may remember that I posted about my root canal in July 2013. It had the potential to ruin my favorite windsurfing trip of the year over July 4th and nearly sent me packing home to see my dentist!

I resolved the issue then by concluding that over worrying (TMS), was having the effect of making the pain much worse, and I had become obsessive and dramatic about my symptoms and the thought of driving home to see the dentist on the July 4th weekend - the worst day of the year for any true blooded American to be working or having a tooth worked on.

Added to this scenario I believed I was an ‘expert’ on Root Canals having had two of them in the past. I knew how they worked and believed that once they evolved the inevitable end was always the drilling out of the root with a crown placement.

I remember taking a pain reliever that night, and was back to normal the next day with just the manageable throbbing that I was accustomed to. This pain level was so low that I did not go to the dentist at all until my next cleaning visit the following February, 7 months later.

In February, during discussions with my dentist, it was the sweet young hygienist that made the statement: “Root Canals are an infection controlled by the Immune system”. I did not know this fact, and I was enlightened and delighted to realize my Root Canal pain could be cured. This new information was contrary to my previous held belief I spoke of earlier.

Can you believe that very moment the hygienist spoke my Root Canal pain disappeared completely! 18 months has now passed without a slight niggle or pang? I’ve even tried introducing pain by tugging and prodding the offending tooth.

This could be considered a wonderful TMS success story, but I am bothered somewhat, since it does not fit with past issues that I have dealt with. I try to think about TMS all the time with clarity and understanding, but this issue keeps popping up in my mind - Real TMS or a structural infection?

Analysis and what I think:
1. Did my original belief keep my pain occurring, as I believed incorrectly that root canals always got worse and ended up with expensive drilling and capping?
2. TMS knew the importance of that weekend.
3. Did the mere words from the hygienist trigger the cure? Or
4. Did the teeth cleaning trigger the cure? Or
5. Did the nerve root coincidently choose that day to die, as they sometimes do I believe.
6. It pays to be open minded, I had a change of opinion.
7. It does not matter since I have now vented with this post!
8. Always heed the words of sweet young females.

So I am going to call this a TMS success, as I have expressed and collated my thoughts in this post and can now move on to more pressing concerns. Thanks for reading

Caveat: Like Dr. Sarno, I believe the function of the immune system can be compromised by psychological and emotional issues; perhaps my story is one of them.

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wavy Soul Posted - 09/20/2014 : 16:40:27
Yes, I think you should really thank that hygienist!

I have been training my dentist and his assistant - in fact by a strange unfoldment, they have been coming to me for sessions, and some of the most important work I've done with them has been about TMS. The dentist's digestive issues have completely resolved.

So, when I was veering towards a root canal a few months ago, and they were starting to take me down the slippery slope towards, I got pissed, and said, "Look, I need you to support me in knowing I can heal this naturally." Then they both, and especially the assistant, started telling me stories that prove that that it's really "pulpitis" - an inflammation that can be reversed.

The pain went away, and I went away for a few months. I felt it was a TMS cure (and if you search the Forum you will see that I have in the past had a MAJOR TMS miracle regarding teeth).

But then I woke up one morning in so much pain I couldn't function, and ended up having the damn root canal in emergency situation.

So… nothing is perfect. But it's still a healthier attitude to expect restoration of normalcy than to expect the opposite. In my own case, I had already had so many root canals that my body and nervous system was perhaps in a "groove" with them.

Love is the answer, whatever the question
sf0789 Posted - 09/14/2014 : 20:58:25
quote:
Originally posted by andy64tms

Caveat: Like Dr. Sarno, I believe the function of the immune system can be compromised by psychological and emotional issues; perhaps my story is one of them.

Hi Andy! I definitely support your belief that the immune system can be compromised by psychological and emotional issues. I've had so many cases of such issues and they were all cured after the stress was relieved over time: hair loss, allergies, rhinitis, etc. As I'm currently over-stressed with TMS pains around my body, I'm dealing with some hair loss again :/
tennis tom Posted - 09/14/2014 : 05:56:50
quote:
Originally posted by andy64tms

3. Did the mere words from the hygienist trigger the cure?

My vote is for this one!

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000