TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Jesus, first TMS Doc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2016 :  15:31:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was chatting in a very funny humor thread
http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/i-may-be-the-first-person-to-worry-tms-is-psychological.13964/
and I realized that Jesus was the first TMS Doctor.

Here’s part of my post from over there, which makes a good seasonal message:

“ I have also tried to educate my therapist, and she really approves of Sarno, and hands his books to people, but still shows up with different parts of her body in splints because they “went out,” on a regular basis. I always say something to her like “pick up your bed and walk!” (quoting Jesus, to a guy who had been lying by a magic pool for 35 years. Every time the moon was up — or something — it was supposed to have healing power, but he was always pushed aside by others and never managed to get in the water. Jeezus just busted him: “Wilt thou be whole?” (Do you want to be healed?) OK, then pick up your bed and walk. The first TMS doc on record. Happy Christmas and Hannukah and all.“

Love is the answer, whatever the question

Edited by - Wavy Soul on 12/26/2016 15:32:26

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2017 :  10:26:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HERETIC!

Like any good Catholic/Jew/Atheist I became quite studied in Biblical matters in my early twenties. I love the new testament, but I had trouble rectifying the miracles with reality.

Then I had my own miracle. The next time I was reading the Bible I had that same thought of Yeshua bar Yoseph being a TMS doc... remember, the places he couldn't work miracles were where the people had little Faith.

I too have friends who say they 'believe' Sarno... and have a trillion other conversion symptoms that are "real". I have learned to keep a lid on it and only say anything if asked.

Edited by - Baseball65 on 01/01/2017 10:27:23
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  09:09:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha ha! Catholic/Jew/Atheist...

My parents were official atheists, so I was that, but started having mystical experiences at 18. Oops. Became a monk with an Eastern spirituality group for 10 years.

Since then I have drifted all over the place, but one certainty is that what you say/think is pretty close to what you get. Including this: If you say/think that what you think is NOT what you get, then you get THAT.

If you get what I mean. ;-)

Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  21:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Wavy Soul.

That's awesome!

I was really raised Pure Atheist, but have evolved a long way from that.

On that topic: You have heard the old adage "Be careful what you pray for, because you might get it." I have found that to be an errant statement. It should read "Be careful what you pray for because you are GOING to get it"

I have gotten everything I ever wanted.... that's why I have begun to pray for God's will over my own... The result of that is an abundance of love joy and healing my small mind and soul could never even have imagined, let alone prayed for.

pax
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  23:22:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
that's why I have begun to pray for God's will over my own...

Yes, I’m with you on that. Spent some time marveling at the ability to “manifest” through thought, but it soon became more effort and seemed like control-freakism. I read a small book by John Randolph Price which recommended instead of your usual prayers and affiirmations, hand everything over to God with a daily affirmation of surrender. Yeah, that’s it, I thought.

I gave copies of this booklet to several friends. I started the program. Within 2-4 weeks my whole metaphysically constructed world fell apart — hubby off with secretary, stealnig my business together, unthinkable betrayals and monetary losses and legal complications and the breakdowns of all my relationships. My friends threw their copies of the book in the trash — yet years later, I am doing better, for there is that core teaching: seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven (within) and all these things (love wealth, health, life purpose, ) shall be added unto you. Not the other way around.

In other words, everything I had created using metaphysic crashed, when I was ready to cross into true surrender. The enormous shattering has taken a long time to integrate, has made mystic desires my strongest motivator, and along the way despite a lot of stress from all the loss and confusion, the door to everything has opened.

In my spiritually eclectic path, I have drifted West because of the incredible peace and serenity available from praying for God’s will over my own...

And I feel allegiance with Yeshua, because if he was a demonstrator of that will, well, he got people and situations healed, wished people abundant lives, rather than the strange idea that floats around Eastern religions that believes that suffering is inevitable and becomes a badge of spirituality. Does that make sense?

Edited by - Wavy Soul on 01/06/2017 23:27:16
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2017 :  09:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Within 2-4 weeks my whole metaphysically constructed world fell apart
All forms are unstable.... and doomed to end.
-E Tolle, M. Aurelius, Epictetus

I know we are a bit off topic, however.... My personal beliefs have all been shaped by loss. Identity loss, Persons Lost,Silly Beliefs lost. When you stirred up that energy from the JR Price book, you probably got put on the 'graduate course' of reality. I often find that in prayer I have to ask God for a 'break' every now and then..

When you remain open to growth (not all people are...especially my age at 51) The universe/God/The Demiurge/whatever hears you and will give you as much as you can handle. You were obviously ready to handle that because you are still here standing. Any relationship that doesn't survive a good hard rattle, probably wasn't that strong to begin with.

My ex-wife and I are good friends. She is a HUGE Abraham Hicks 'manifest it and it will come' believer. I never got into that because I have learned that I am already wealthy...with friends, family,work,toys,home,etc. As an outsider looking in I see her like a dope fiend...always needing new furniture,cars,paint jobs,etc.... It HAS worked for her. But she is profoundly unhappy

Just as in your OP you mentioned the wounded healer passing out Sarno, I usually look at the person soliciting any spiritual 'goods' before I buy in....

And in your last post, Poverty is no virtue. Even Buddha got fat and died of eating poorly cooked pork.

"When someone asks for your cloak give him your shirt as well"... I have found that when I put the needs of others before even my own, I prosper always. I suppose I am a Gnostic in that belief. If it was 18 centuries ago, they'd burn me!

There is nothing wrong with material wealth as long as you can drop it at will. A treasure that cannot be dropped in need is a fetter.

OK... I will get off my apple box now

pax

“God is a comedian playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh.” -Voltaire
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2017 :  23:28:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love this response, Baseball. Yes!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: