TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 back pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Meggy8868

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2017 :  12:23:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am just beginning to realize the sinister nature of TMS. Just have had great success with gynecological pain. However the back. Structurally I have scoliosis, herniated discs, phantom discs. I have had completely pain free days, but the back pain tends to sneak up at night when I am too out of it to speak back to the brain. How can one night I can be pain free, and a night like last night excruciating pain? Could I actually have structural old age problems at age 75?
I have had probably everything that Sarno says is psychosomatic over the years.

Mary

Edited by - Meggy8868 on 03/16/2017 08:55:43

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2017 :  14:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meggy8868
How can one night I can be pain free, and a night like last night excruciating pain?

This is a hallmark of TMS. If it were a structural issue, the pain should be constant.

Conditioning is a major part of TMS. You tend to experience symptoms when you expect them.

I find it best to consider TMS symptoms a random occurrence. There is no significance to the location or intensity of the symptoms. The key is to consider them benign and focus instead on potential psychological triggers.
Go to Top of Page

Meggy8868

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  11:38:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank You/ Very helpful

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2017 :  07:33:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mary.
remember in HBP Sarno quotes Peter Gay about the unconscious proper and then describes sleep as 'going quietly, safely, insane' ? Maybe it's a defense against some terrifying dream?

I haven't had a relapse of any sort in a long while, but when I was getting them, they were always in my sleep or arising from sleep. In my case they happened whenever I slept over at my partners home. I imagine the child in me who can't stand to be confined was raging at the prospect of being 'tied down' again, after a long painful divorce (that was symptom free, thank you)

Age doesn't matter. As long as you can generate emotions, you are going to be susceptible... the key is always vigilance, introspection and the good old scribble pad (Journal if you will)

pax
Go to Top of Page

Meggy8868

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2017 :  11:18:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks baseball. I so appreciate everything that I am learning here. Sleep. I have actually had success with insomnia and am weaning off of ten years of zolpidem, about down to 1 mg now and when safe, will quit. Some nights I have had aches in my legs but have been able to sleep tranquilly through the aches. The last night, kaboom, the pain was excruciating and I took a hydro plus the full 5 mg of zolpidem. This week my son visited me after treating scabies and he angsted about it all week with various potions, washing machine events, drying things on a hot dryer, lotions, potions and non stop talk. Eventually, I got upset and said, "how could you come and vsit me and possibly expose me and I am already dealing with issues that are long originated and difficult including genetic heart disease, malformed left ventricle and stiff heart. I recognize the anger, and even imagined itching, and started to TMS about it. But last the body aches were incredible. I knew the source, but had them anyway. It is like my successes were tossed down the drain. He is another TMSer but won't read the books.

Mary
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000