TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 SWOLLEN PARTS OF FACE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tmsjptc

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2017 :  08:12:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a quick search of this forum first but couldn't find anything about your face swelling. Can that be another TMS equivalent? I'm asking because I don't remember getting hit in the mouth or getting stung/bit but my lip got swollen yesterday morning. I just assumed I hadn't realized it had happened and ignored it. Then by evening my wife said, "it moved". Sure enough, it was on the side of my mouth and not my lip any more. This morning I woke up and now it is more in my cheek. It isn't painful but could be distracting if I wasn't TMS-aware. I'm now assuming it is TMS simply because of it moving around and having no known cause. I just wanted to ask if anyone else has seen or had this symptom in order to assure myself it is fine to ignore it.

tmsjptc

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  13:44:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no idea if this was a TMS equivalent or just some kind of allergic reaction that passed through and moved around. But, I continued to just essentially ignore it and this morning it was completely gone.
Go to Top of Page

truenorth

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2017 :  14:41:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What you undoubtably have is Uticaria, a form of hives, which causes swelling and can be serious if it migrates to the throat. I've had this for many years. The cause is idiopathic but I'm pretty sure mine was just another manifestation of TMS. My lip, usually my lower, would swell so large it would crack and bleed. Benadryl sometimes helped if I caught it early. Almost always started in the PM and was gone the next day by the afternoon. I carried an EPI pen for a while but now it's too expensive for me.

I'd have it checked out with a doctor first to make sure it's not serious and then ignore it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000