TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 my daughter's chronic pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miquel

Spain
4 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2017 :  02:59:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Studying and playing a huge musical string instrument is strenuous ... and not just in the physical aspect (Patrick Süskind knows it!.
I suspect, according to my recent conversations with my daughter, that her pain is less related to "repressed emotions" and unconscious rage/anger or chilhood distress... but rather to very stressful emotional episodes in her past student life.
The professional world of the "classical music" is extremly competitive, mendacious, wild and acutely cruel. "Few bones for too much dogs".
Without no doubt my daughter has suffered from "respectables" teachers, "notorious" professors, "loyal" friends and colleagues,.... humiliation, cruelty, abandonment, rejection,...
How much, or how little? I don't know... but the overprotective primitive/reptilian brain of my rather hypersensitive daughter has made its interpretation and has activate her "inner guard", the defensive/protective mechanism capable of generating pain. That pain, in the most crucial parts of her body, prevents my daughter of following her "too dangerous" vocation.
"Beware: stop your career", "Impossible to follow your way in such conditions", "Hazardous and risky profession",...
The psychological pain (of course TMS) is an obvious prevention of present and future emotionally outrageous situations related to her huge and beloved instrument.
The Sarno solution?
To acknowledge and absolutely accept the emotional source of the chronic pain and... to persuade, by means of a very sincere self-talk, that unconcious "inner guard", the protective brain, that personal growth as well as an acquired emotional detachment and a reliable passion for the music is enough equipment to overcome the future emotional turmoils.
Easy to say ... but difficult to do !
I'll appreciate very much your comments about the plausability of that facet of the TMS concept: pain as learned (from bad past experiences) protection mechanism of present/future presumable emotional conflics.

thanks a lot!

Fox

USA
496 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2017 :  17:12:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a lot of unacceptable (to your daughter) anger could have been generated by exposure to such a hostile environment. Yes, this could lead to a search for unconscious somatic distraction. Has your daughter had a physical assessment (as suggested by Sarno as a starting point)? Is she aware of and accepting of Sarno's ideas (because, in my experience, most people are not - in fact they are extremely upset when you bring it up)?
Go to Top of Page

Fox

USA
496 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2017 :  17:23:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOPs! I just looked at your other posts and see that you have already answered my questions.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000