TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 frontal fibrosing alopecia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joy_I_Am

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2017 :  07:33:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of frontal fibrosing alopecia? I've overcome other TMS manifestations in the past, and feel sure this is just another of those (though of course I have seen my doctor, and am on a waiting list to see a dermatologist). Currently using the Elocon (mometasone) steroid lotion I was prescribed in the meantime. No change yet (after one month).

So I've looked up the cause and it seems it's a combo hormone/autoimmune thing that they don't know much about yet. It's just... that 'autoimmune' really chimed with me as TMS. It certainly ties in with the self-hating or self-criticism that I struggle with. And of course, it's a wonderful distraction... Being a middle-aged female who has always had nice, thick hair, this is really hitting me hard, as you can imagine...

Any advice, please? Feeling pretty grim about this and finding it hard to think my way out of it...
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000