TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 "TMS : It Won't Go Away" : Pain Cure Clinic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2022 :  09:14:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.paincureclinic.us/e/BAh7BjoWZW1haWxfZGVsaXZlcnlfaWRsKwjBlrxFAgA%3D--02c9e16cd7f4256943a1ca7ed309928196456ffb?skip_click_tracking=true

"TMS : IT WON'T GO AWAY"

"Have you had the experience of TMS coming and going for years, but it won’t completely go away? That happens to almost everyone. You focus on getting better and you do get better, for a while, but then something happens and the pain comes right back. It can be a vicious cycle that goes on for years, but it’s probably not what you think.

It’s not that you need to get better at journaling. It’s not that you need to keep digging for a deep, dark issue that you can’t seem to identify. It’s not, even, that you have too many stressors right now. You’re going to have to deal with stress for the rest of your life. That’s not going to change. You want to be pain free no matter what your current or future circumstances….and you can.

If you feel like you’ve “tried everything” in the mind-body wheelhouse, yet you’re still stuck or spiraling back to chronic pain; if this sounds like where you find yourself, then the real problem may be that your subconscious mind has created an upper limit to the amount time that you can feel good and pain free. Wow! The concept of an “Upper Limit Problem (ULP)” is teed up in a book called The Big Leap, penned by one of my favorite authors, Gay Hendricks.

So, related to chronic pain/symptoms, the ULP looks like this: Instead of a normal state being a pain level of zero, your normal state has now become a pain level of, say, six. Six is what you’re used to. Six is the new normal. You have an upper limit problem around how long your subconscious will allow you to feel no pain. It’s like a thermostat in your home always adjusting the temperature back to 70F (21C). But it’s more than that. Over time, your subconscious has become convinced that you are a flawed human being and don’t deserve to be happy or pain free. That’s NOT true of course. You are as deserving as anyone.

You just need to reset your thermostat and it’s not hard, but it will take a little time and reprogramming. The most important thing is to first recognize that you have an upper limit problem. You have to be open to a completely pain free and healthy future - not temporarily - but permanently. As I write this, I am remembering that I was in chronic pain (with multiple symptoms) for about 7 years. Currently, I’ve been completely without chronic pain and symptoms for about 7 years. My upper limit is a pain level of zero. That’s what I now expect.

More than anything else, you have to be willing. See if this paragraph describes how you feel inside:

I have a limited tolerance for feeling pain free. When I hit my upper limit, I manufacture thoughts that make me feel bad again. The problem is bigger than just Tension Myositis Syndrome, though. I seem to have a limited tolerance for my life going well in general. When I hit my upper limit, I do something that stops my positive forward trajectory. If I don’t have a problem, I’ll create one that brings me back down within the bounds of my limited tolerance for health and happiness.

I’ve got 3 questions that I’d like you to re-ask yourself every day until the answer is “Hell yes!”

- Am I willing to increase the amount of time every day that I feel good inside?
- Am I willing to increase the amount of time that my whole life goes well?
- Am I willing to increase the amount of time each day that I feel pain free?

And then, once you get good at those three questions, go on to the next two:

- Am I willing to feel good inside and let my whole life go well most of the time?
- Am I willing to be chronic pain free all the time for the rest of my life?

You don’t have to solve all of your problems to stop TMS from coming back, but you do have to eliminate your upper limit problem. Our Master Class will help you work on getting past your self-imposed (false!) upper limit. Click here to check out the Master Class

The Sky's the Limit!
John

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Unsubscribe | Sent by Pain Cure Clinic
3950 Colorado Avenue, Unit D • Boulder, CO • 80303

https://www.paincureclinic.us/e/BAh7BjoWZW1haWxfZGVsaXZlcnlfaWRsKwjBlrxFAgA%3D--02c9e16cd7f4256943a1ca7ed309928196456ffb?skip_click_tracking=true

Edited by - tennis tom on 11/11/2022 09:21:18
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000