TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Tummy issues/digestion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kristenl

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2024 :  08:27:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all. It's been a long time since I've posted, but I'm hoping for some help. My kiddos have brought home four cases of strep in the last two years, so several rounds of antibiotics. I noticed, a few months after the last round, that my bathroom habits were .... different. And now I've developed acid reflux, burping, and terrible gas.
I am on the verge of setting up an appointment with a doc and asking to be tested for SIBO, etc. I am worried it's something that will get worse.
As for why I suspect it could be TMS, I have a long history as a TMSer! Nerve pain/itchiness, eating disorders, shoulder pain, vertigo, OCD...and the list goes on. I also had to cash out some retirement recently due to bad finances (which I am very angry about) and am constantly stretched too thin between work and children. I feel very put out by all of my responsibilities (even tho my children are the loves of my life) and I am not doing anything well.
I should probably do the safe thing and see the doc. I am just nervous about going down a rabbit hole of procedures and more antibiotics.
I will add, I had a friend I worked with several years ago that developed acid reflux so badly she couldn't eat and lost around 20 pounds. That always scared me and stuck with me.
And, when I was on all of those antibiotics, I read about C.Diff and was REALLY scared of that.
Also, my sister has had many health issues, recently diagnosed with diverticulosis.
Just to further add, I had developed a drinking problem. I spend a lot of time thinking about that. I have now been sober for 7 months and no longer give it much thought.
I have never had any digestive issues until now, stomach of steel.
Lastly, I grew up in a terribly abusive home, mentally, physically, and sexually, and I do feel like that wired my brain a bit differently. That being said, I want to treat this in the way that I should.
Any thoughts or experiences with this would be helpful.

K

Edited by - kristenl on 02/14/2024 08:35:02
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000