TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 stomach problems/IBS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Suz

559 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  11:31:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well - the back pain has finally gone - all sciatic and upper back pain. Phew! what a relief as it was horrible.
In its place, I seem to be experiencing stomach cramps and a lot of bloating. My usual reaction to this has always been that it is something I ate - a sugar or dairy or something to do with a yeast problem. However, I cannot ignore the fact that my back pain has stopped and this discomfort has started immediately. Also I have a huge pimple on my face!!!
This could be a break through for me - as it would seem so coincidental. I would love these stomach, constipation, bloating issues to be pure TMS equivalents. It would be such a joy not to monitor my diet any more and to eat whatever I want.
Does anyone else have any stomach/IBS issues they can share with me. It is so helpful to read of others experiences.
Anne - I think you used to suffer and have recovered.
Thanks as always
Suz

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  12:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't say I specifically recovered from IBS but soon after my back started feeling a tad better I got intense stomach aches for a week or so. It passed. Now it's other issues of course taking its place.
Go to Top of Page

miehnesor

USA
430 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  13:09:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Suz

Well - the back pain has finally gone - all sciatic and upper back pain. Phew! what a relief as it was horrible. Suz

Suz- good for you!! Anything in particular that caused the breakthrough?
Go to Top of Page

Suz

559 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  14:56:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't really know. I kept reading the book, talking to my brain and well actually - I think the breakthrough was not being scared of the pain. I finally realized that I was giving it too much power. I know that it is TMS and so I started to laugh at it. Shortly afterwards, it stopped. I also spoke to my pschologist and focused on all the things that bothered me last week - mainly my mother and of course the London bombings scared me (my family lives there - my brother specifically who I adore). It was a combination of things - a lot of hard work and mostly ignoring the pain. That was challenging because I woke up every night with it. Now I intend to take the same approach with my stomach and skin - for the first time I really think these things are TMS equivalents
Go to Top of Page

n/a

374 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2005 :  11:33:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right, Suz - I did suffer from IBS type symptoms prior to the back pain kicking in, so, in fact, my experience is back to front from your own - the IBS calmed down when the terrible back pain got a hold.

I was a typical serial TMSer - the first manifestation was probably sinus type problems, that calmed after the cystitis surfaced, then the IBS, then the back pain - then joy of joys - 'The Mindbody Prescription'.

While all that was going on I had headaches and allergies as well.

I underwent all the unpleasant tests they do when IBS wont calm down and they need to check for more sinister conditions; I tried a non-dairy diet, low wheat - I can't remember what all I tried - various supplements was one thing. Nothing worked - the back pain did, though.

The thing is, I was convinced I was intolerant of all kinds of things - dairy, wheat, even coffee (that was hard, I really enjoy a couple of cups of good coffee daily), alcohol. The fact is, I'm not intolerant of any of them. I stopped obsessing about this when the back pain took over.

If there was anything physical going on, it was stress related - I realise that now. I can and do, eat and drink anything I like, except for alcohol - I've lost the taste for that and just don't fancy it any more.

It is a big step for you, Suz - after monitoring your diet for some time, introducing the 'suspect' foods may well cause stress and worry - and we all know where that leads! I'd take it nice and slow - just have a little bit of something you have avoided at first - take it gradually. If it were me, I'd try something when you know that you are going to be doing something that will keep you busy enough so that you don't have time to think about it - preferably something pleasant.

Best wishes

Anne
Go to Top of Page

Suz

559 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2005 :  12:40:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anne,
Thank you for your lovely, helpful reply. You give me so much hope. I would absolutely love to eat what I want and I really have the feeling that I will. I don't want to follow any kind of wierd diet any more as I have had enough. I have really suspected that all of this is stress related - a TMS equivalent.
I have a new symptom right now. Unfortunately, the back pain spasms are back at night time again and of course the stomach issues have gone today! However, I am unbelievably tired. Could this be an equivalent. I am so tired that it is hard to even lift my arm. A long time ago, I had chronic fatigue - I am wondering if that was a TMS equivalent all along and that is what I have now. I don't have any other symptoms like a cold or anything - just terrible tiredeness. I feel absolutely exhausted as if I could sleep forever.
Do you have any thoughts on this?
Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000