TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 arthritic or TMS hip?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kenny V

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2004 :  15:29:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,

Nice to hear from ya ole chap. I had some thing regarding your arthritic TMS hip question.
I was about to post it before Dave relined the pool.

Are you still struggling with differentiating between arthritic or TMS hip?
And are you still contemplating surgery?

Kenny V

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2004 :  16:33:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kenny-V, still dealing with: Is it TMS, arthritis or an equation of both.

NO!, hip-replacement has NEVER been a thought. I play everyday, and my mantra is: play through it, you can learn a lot from pain,improve the technique, learn from gravity, lose weight, someday wake-up and the pain will be gone. If all that fails, I'll go for a long drive and let it rest.
Go to Top of Page

kenny V

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2004 :  17:49:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,
This was from my from my original text that I never got to post, before the board got corrupted, so you might understand why I wrote it this way

In all fairness I would like to comment on your TMS arthritic hip condition, as well as remind you of my appreciation to your help and support in the past.
I don’t know how serious you are anymore, however your humor has enlightened me and kept me around.
Nor do I know if you take my comments as helpful or sincere. But I would like to try one more time before I go on a TMS vacation.

You can take this advice any way you like to.
As far as arthritis you are intelligent enough to know that foods, diet, and supplements along with exercise will definitely help take away pains associated with arthritis. This type of change has defiantly helped me and I no longer have aching knees as well as tight and sometimes crippled hands.

As far as surgery, you have to decide that for yourself. One thing that I learned from a physical therapist when he spoke to his patients about surgery was. He said “ look where you are know, can you live a lifestyle and do the things you enjoy” If the answer is yes than the risks of surgery can make the problems worse and that would not be worth the risk.
One personal experience I have with someone who had surgery on his knees was not a good experience.
It was my cousin, he was only 26 years old, and they performed a new type surgery without even telling him.
They installed some type of rivet’s to hold the kneecap, and the rivets broke causing the grinding of the inner kneecap and scar tissue. He has had two corrective surgeries since and has been out of work for over a year since.
I don’t give much credit to doctors any more so this is an important decision that you must live with yourself.

Good luck and God Bless
Kenny V

Thank you for being the first, who has helped me and has welcomed me here.
Maybe you’ll be the last who I could help here.
I want to thank you for these kind words

[

This was an exert from the original board. They are to be used as a reminder when things get tough, it is to be used solely for reference only all copy right laws © are in effect, no person shall add or take away from this

quote:

*Dear Vman,
Congratulations on your "cure" after 20 years of pain and being in the 90-99% range. You don't need permission to bring up a topic. If it 'resonates' folks will respond and dialog. It' like a swimming pool. You jump in and enjoy the water. Some pools have times or areas for free swimming where you and your buddies can do their own thing. Some pools have lanes for swimming laps with lanes designated for folks with different speeds and doing different strokes. There's a lifeguard, Dave, to keep anyone from drowning and the horse play from getting out of hand. Ocassionaly you get splashed on, by accident or on purpose. But it's only water. (No Marco-Polo Please!).

Dear Vman,
It sounds like you have an open mind. That's an important thing to have to accept Sarno's theory

Thanks to you for being the catalyst --sorry you couldn't be the beneficiary. TMS is like that. I'll try later today. Keep on truckin', your're on the right route. You're cup is half full, not half empty.

Tt

2/23/03
Thanks Vman,

Stick around, we need more like you. You're post was NOT long! Let's not get into the habit of counting time the way docs and lawyer do. It takes as much time to fix the problem as it takes. No one is being forced to read these posts. The key to Sarno is reading and reading until one is brain-washed, (sorry
Gary), and overtime you forget and you re-fresh. This message board is a great tool for refreshing and claryifying.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000