TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Find a doctor?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

allowsteve

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  12:56:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have read Dr. Sarno's books. I have been better. Still, not all better. Need to find a physician for consultation. I live in Boise, ID, and am hoping to find a local physician knowledgeable on TMS. Any help would be appreciated.

Fredarm57

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  08:09:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have included a link to a list of TMS doctors. Unfortunately, there's no-one listed in Idaho. California looks like the closest to you. Some may be willing to talk on the phone. Or you may just have to travel. I went from Boston to New York to see Dr. Sarno in the early 1990's, as there were no TMS doctors in Massachusetts at the time. There are also some links to doctors on the home page of TMSHelp. Again, none in Idaho.

You may want try some other self-help resources first. I found Dr. Ron Siegel's book "Back Sense" very helpful. Others have found Dr. David Schechter's audio/video programs and workbook helpful. And we're always here to help on this board, too. Tell us a little about your symptoms and the progress you have made.

http://www.tarpityoga.com/directory.html#MA

Fred
Go to Top of Page

johnnyg

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  08:22:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If after you read more material, you still feel you need to see a doctor, definitely get on a plane to see one. It's still alot cheaper than the thousands you will drop on doctors and PT if you give up on TMS--but don't give up! It befuddles some docs that people will spend tens of thousands of dollars on useless treatments, but insist on a local doctor for TMS. If you had to have some form of invasive surgery and the best place to do it was in a far away state, wouldn't you go there to have it done? How much is health worth?
Go to Top of Page

allowsteve

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  09:17:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In response to my history and progress. Last summer, at 45 years of age, I had tried all the usual treatments, Chiropractic, etc. I had made the most progress with a sports therapist. Since I cycle 150 miles a week, I found one who specialized in that. Anyway, that worked fairly well for almost 2 years. Regular stretching, etc. Since reading the Dr. Sarno books, I have reached about an 80% improvement. I am able to keep pain under relative control, but have yet to be pain free for extended periods. I have only missed one day of work over the last year, and only 2 or 3 bike rides. But still have a nagging pain. I somehow would like to improve that. All of my other problems are gone, cronic constipation, even a short spell of TMJ. My colds only last one day. Much better, want to be even better.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000