TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Coccyx Pain - ALMOST GONE!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shadytalks

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2005 :  22:31:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You probably all remember I was on here a few weeks ago whining about my debilitating tailbone pain and rectal spasms. I had been off work with agonizing pain and spasms for about 8 weeks. I was on the verge of applying for disability because I was unable to sit at all, and unable to stand for more than a few minutes at a time. I've had fibromyalgia and migraines most of my life, but the tailbone pain was some of the worst I've ever had.

I'd had MRIs, x-rays, bone scans, and scads of exams. I was starting to get those looks from my doctors.....you know, the looks like I must be crazy. I was searching the internet desprately for info about levator ani syndrome, chronic pelvic pain syndrome, coccydynia, etc. I had tried just about everything. THEN I came across a post on www.coccyx.org about TMS and I arrived here a huge skeptic. But a few of you talked to me and reassured me that coccyx pain is caused by TMS and that I wasn't crazy. I totally fit the TMS description so I read Dr. Sarno's books and tried very hard to practice everything he suggested. I did Dr. Schechter's workbook (I'm on Day 17).

And, miracle of miracles, about a week ago, I realized there had been tremendous improvement in my symptoms. And a couple days, ago, I realized my pain is almost gone--probably a 1 or 2 instead of the 9 or 10 it had been just a few short weeks ago. It's definitely still there, but instead of being incapacitating and all-consuming, it's more like a bruised tailbone now. I'm back to work half-time with the return to full-time on the horizon. I'm exercising again and I'm able to be a normal wife and do normal things--sit down to eat and sit down in the car. I'm thrilled, to say the least.

During this recuperative time, I have indeed had hip pain, knee pain, neck pain, and lower back pain of a different type. But I just talked to my brain whenever that started up, and it wouldn't last more than a day or two.

I just wanted to say thank you, each and every one of you, for your guidance, reassurance, and simply for sharing your stories on this forum. At the risk of sounding overly dramatic, this forum, along with Dr. Sarno's books, literally saved my life.

I'm not getting all cocky or overly optimistic about curing my migraines and fibromyalgia with Dr. Sarno's method, but I know now how amazingly successful his method can be. I was a real skeptic when I first arrived on this forum and if I hadn't experienced this recovery myself, I wouldn't have believed it.

If it helps any of you, I can say that I think the thing that helped me most was reading 25-40 pages of one of Sarno's books every single day whether I felt like it or not. I highly recommend that.

Anyway, sorry this is so length, but thank you for letting me post my celebration here (since all my other posts were total gloom and doom and desperation). I plan to stay on the forum in case of any recurrence and so I might be able to help others with TMS. In the meantime, I wish each and every one of you the kind of astounding recovery I've had. It IS possible.

Shady in Idaho

ladyblue

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2005 :  23:46:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CONGRATULATIONS!

I've just got up, in a fair amount of pain I have to say, and there was your posting, what an incredible inspiration you are!
I joined about a week ago and already this forum has had an amazing impact on my life. Even if you don't feel like posting, it's wonderful to be able to read through the pages, to read of those who've shared the same pain, fear & concern and the countless stories of courage, bravery and inspiration. There is no doubt in my mind that this forum is the bridge that not only facilitates the passing from one stage in a persons life to another but also provides a place to stop, rest and be inspired to go on.
Please keep us posted of your continuing recovery.
All the very best wishes to you....Jane
Go to Top of Page

redskater

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2005 :  08:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats' great! I'm still struggling with mine, although my back pain is down to a 1 or 2! MY tailbone pain is about a 4. But I do notice that some days are better than others which leads me to assume it is TMS. I did ride in a car for 4 hrs one day and 4 the next. It was uncomfortable some of the time but I didn't let the fear stop me from making the trip. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm sure you'll be able to beat the fibromyalgia as well!

Cheers,

Gaye
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2005 :  12:23:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so pleased, too.

With this success you'll have the confidence to tackle the migraines and fibromyalgia. Go for it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000