TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Confusion over stopping treatments
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cindy_gail

22 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  08:13:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anyone can lend insight/experience to this I would so appreciate it.
I'm in the midst of the doctor to doctor thing, considering breast reduction, etc. Before I really got back on board with Sarno and discovered this support group I had already had the first course of two sets of shots in the facet joints in my cervical spine, and am scheduled for the epidurals in my lumbar region. I've been working Sarno for a couple of weeks and feel pretty convinced that TMS is my biggest issue. There are so many conflicting feelings though, I'm driving myself crazy! Here are my 3 main issues:

1. Because I already had my second set of facet injections scheduled I went ahead and did them this morning, all the time thinking, am I rewarding the pain? Should I even be doing this now? vs. Whatever arsenal of actions it takes to get the job done, knowing foundationally that tms is what I'm going to be focusing on. I've noticed more and more how my pain moves around - classic tms -- although I've yet to really be able to sit without pain (classic MRI notes moderate bulging, blah blah blah).

2. Regarding the epidurals in the lumbar region, I've never tried them before, and I guess there is a part of me that wants to try them, knowing they may or may not work, esp. if it's tms. If nothing else I could rule them out instead of wondering. But I don't want to stop my progress with the tms, and I don't know if doing the shots will confuse my brain. Arrrrrgh!

3. Regarding physical therapy. I've pretty much stopped that after 7 months, BUT I came away with the positive skills for a healthier body, like stretching, doing core body work -- abs, etc. I've always been a moderate, consistent exerciser and have done nautilus for the past 6 years, but have just grown to down right hate nautilus and feel so free at the thought of never going back, replacing it with more pilates type workouts and walking lots. My question is, do I step away from the good things I learned in pt because I learned them as a means to help back/neck pain? Honestly, they've never helped the pain. so I think I can step away from that association. I know Sarno says that physical exercise is essential to quality of life, but he also says (?) to not do things that you've done in association with pain reduction (e.g.,stabilizing exercises, etc.)

Any words of wisdome out there? Thank you
This has probably been brought up many times on here,but it's so hard to wade through all the topics.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000