TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Pain Movement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mantoloking

8 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  16:34:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am wondering about the idea of pain moving around. I had severe lower back pain and after reading and applying the principles of Sarno's books, it disappeared. Now I am getting random aches in different muscles throughout my body and in my chest. This happened before my back when out and I got pains in my chest and arms. With fear that I was having a heart attack, I ended up in the er to do the whole battery of tests (stress test, bloodwork etc.) Everything came out totally normal, actually quite good with cholesteral numbers being quite good. My father had a heart attack when I was young and I was wondering if TMS was targeting this area as it is an area that I was brought up with fear. It seems to be an easy area to cause me panic and uncertainty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  08:30:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What you are experiencing is common. Once you start acquiring the knowledge you threaten to "blow the cover" on the covert operation your brain has been using for years to keep you distracted. Once you accept the low back pain is TMS, new symptoms will appear. Those symptoms will be the ones most likely to convince you that there is a real physical problem.
Go to Top of Page

Mantoloking

8 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  09:24:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave - Thanks for the help. It seemed obvious the TMS would target a area that I might have been conditioned to fear, but it almost seemed too good to be true.
Go to Top of Page

vikki

95 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  13:42:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've found that TMS targets areas of my body that I devote conscious attention to. For example, I read an article on jaw pain (TMJ syndrome). Later that day, while eating lunch, my jaw started hurting. After many conversations with my sister about her knee problems, I started worrying about my own knees -- and they started hurting. For me when the pain moves around, it just convinces me even more that it's TMS. I actually laugh at it when it does that :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000