TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 therapist in nyc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dubin

3 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2004 :  21:47:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does anyone know of a psychotherapist in ny that deals with tms thanks

Suzanne

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  09:20:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are many TMS-trained psychologists in NYC, but health insurance usually won't reimburse you, even with the code put down for another disorder listed in their book. My psychologist puts the code for Somatization Disorder on my invoices, but my plan, a Deluxe PPO, still refuses. They want me to see their psychologists from Megellan Mental Health, and NONE knew Dr. Sarno or what TMS was.

I use the out of pocket reciepts and rejection notices for tax write-offs.

Are you a patient of Dr. Sarno? He will refer you. If not, myself and a few others here can give you names. And possibly some of them do now take insurance. That I'm not sure of.
Go to Top of Page

dubin

3 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  09:36:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi suzanne thanks 4 your reply . yes that would help if you can give me a name or two. i am not a patient of dr. sarno. i did call his office but they are closed until mid september. thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Suzanne

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  15:02:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's the info for you - he works with Dr. Sarno.

Call Dr. Eric Sherman, 212-947-7111, then via the menu for the directory, just punch in "eric" and you'll get his voicemail. He calls people back.

He is mentioned in the Acknowledgments part of The Mindbody Prescription. His office is in the same building, same floor as many other TMS trained psychologists. It's $170, though!
He might be able to refer you to other options.
Go to Top of Page

Suzanne

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  17:53:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
p.s. Dr. Sherman is away until almost the end of the month I think. He took two weeks off. I'd try his voicemail and see if he left his associates #, who could probably refer you.
I think I originally met with Arlene Feinblatt, who then assigned me to Dr. Sherman.
Dr. Feinblatt is also mentioned in the beiginning of The MindBody Prescription. She interviewed me and then felt Dr. Sherman was best for me and my issues. The phone number to reach her is the same as for Dr. Eric Sherman; type in "arlene" and you should get her voicemail. If you speak with her, you can explain that Dr. Sarno is out until late Sept and you'd probably not get an appt. for a while, so you're interested in what you can do NOW.

Hope this helps.

Edited by - Suzanne on 08/17/2004 17:56:23
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000