TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 multiple TMS symptoms simultaneously
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bend-over-backwards

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  19:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been suffering primarily from lower back pain on the left side, with numbness and tingling in both feet for the past 1.5 years. Though I have to admit immediately after reading MBP I started to experience knee pain on the left knee, and then a headache, and the back pain seemed to more insignificant.

Another symptom I realized that I had was Tinnitus. What is curious is that I have had ringing ears for several years. I know this could be related to TMS, but my question is:
Does anyone experience multiple symptoms at the same time, (i.e. back pain, ringing ears)and can this still be TMS? or does TMS only attack one place at a time and the my Tinnitus has another cause?

All is not as it seems . . .

n/a

560 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  19:44:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh yeah, the symptoms can all come at once. Each person will have a different pattern of pain and no two people are alike.
Go to Top of Page

AriG00

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  21:52:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, of course you can. In fact, when I was at my worst, I had symptoms of neck pain, lower back pain, prostatis, dizzyness, unsteadness, anxiety, panic attack, stomach aches and ear aches, ALL AT THE SAME TIME, right now I am much much better, I had slightly unsteadiness when Im tense (thinking about the physical) otherwise I am great. Sometimes its good to get a checkup from a Dr. just to clear your head about there being something wrong with you, then focus on the TMS therapy. It's COMPLETELY normal ot have multiple symptoms, think of it as a whole when you do therapy, I got better, you will. No big deal.

quote:
Originally posted by bend-over-backwards

I have been suffering primarily from lower back pain on the left side, with numbness and tingling in both feet for the past 1.5 years. Though I have to admit immediately after reading MBP I started to experience knee pain on the left knee, and then a headache, and the back pain seemed to more insignificant.

Another symptom I realized that I had was Tinnitus. What is curious is that I have had ringing ears for several years. I know this could be related to TMS, but my question is:
Does anyone experience multiple symptoms at the same time, (i.e. back pain, ringing ears)and can this still be TMS? or does TMS only attack one place at a time and the my Tinnitus has another cause?

G
Go to Top of Page

wrldtrv

666 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  21:45:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Multiple symptoms at the same time? Sure. A few months ago I had symptoms that occurred at the same time, moved around within hours, disappeared for days and even weeks and then returned, departed, returned...
Go to Top of Page

poodlepower

2 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  22:51:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think there's some correlation between multiple symptoms and the more worries/unanswered questions a person may have floating through their mind.

Ever since my life became more complicated my symptoms have compounded - hamstring, back, achilles, frequent urination. There was a time when the pain would bounce around from one location to another, but now all over the place at the same time.

I can be a very sensative person and with age I'm becoming even more sensative. The smallest thing can throw me off... even something as trivial as hearing bad music. Talking to someone I don't like makes things worse (even if I pretend to like them). Alternatively, talking to someone I do like makes things better.

Psychology is such a large component of our lively it's just incredible. The more I bottle things up the worse off I feel... I'm beginning to understand why Paul Sr on American Chopper goes nuts sometimes. It's a personality type and some of us are more sensative than others.
Go to Top of Page

wrldtrv

666 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  20:11:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Poodlepower, I think there is something to your theory. I consider myself a very sensitive person too. Many trivial things bother me greatly. Loud noises, certain personality types, waking too early in the morning, being cold, feeling out of control in any way.

This afternoon at work several things happened that stressed or angered me. Each alone wouldn't have been too bad, but the fact that they happened in quick succession, I think, brought on some physical symptoms out of the blue. First, my left wrist started hurting, then my right shoulder, then both hands, arms and shoulders began to feel tight and weak. Several hours later this is still the case. At the time it first occurred I quickly tuned into the TMS connection and tried to list the things I was upset about, but it didn't seem to help. Of course, at the same time there was that underlying fear that maybe there was actually something wrong with me. This seems to be a never-ending battle.
Go to Top of Page

joela

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  08:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too have multiple symptoms, especially neck shoulder and tinnitus. Has anyone applied Dr. Sarno's theory with ringing in the ears and it has gotten better?

quote:

Go to Top of Page

electraglideman

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  08:47:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
joela,

I've had tinnitus for most of my adult life. I've reduced the pain in my neck and back by 95% but my ears continue to ring as much as they ever have.
Go to Top of Page

Special One

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  16:55:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ariG00,
You wrote that you had earaches that went away with other tms symptoms. Can you describe what your ears felt like? I have had ear stuffiness and aches for the past few months and have told the doctor. They don't seem concerned. I also have a lymph node under my neck on the right side which is the side of the most achy ear. It has been swollen for months. The doc checked that and said it isn't an abnormal size. I know it is swollen, even if mildly. I feel silly saying, "it's tms." But I'm not sure where to go from here, it's taking to much of my energy trying to figure it out.
Go to Top of Page

vikki

95 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  18:42:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, you can absolutely have multiple TMS symptoms at the same time. I certainly do ...
Go to Top of Page

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  19:01:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sarno says in his new book that if you have two symptoms or more than it is usually time for pyschotherapy.
Go to Top of Page

bend-over-backwards

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  08:40:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2scoops,

Do you happen to know what page # that is on in his new book?

Edited by - bend-over-backwards on 04/26/2006 08:41:29
Go to Top of Page

joela

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  09:43:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Bend:
I have multiple symtoms, i.e.neck and shoulder pain and ringing. I asked Dr. Sarno at his lecture Monday if that was normal and he said it is absolutely normal. He said nothing as to the need for psychotherpy for multiple symptoms. He told me that all these symptoms are definitley TMS. Hope it helps!

quote:

Go to Top of Page

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  21:46:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What I was refering to is on page 44. I guess I thuoght from my memory he said it would be a good idea if you were having simultaneous symptoms, it was time for psychotherapy. This is what it says about a patient.

"He did well in the program and became pain free in about 3 weeks. Shortly thereafter, he began to feel anxious and began to have some of his olds tomach trouble again. This was the symptom imperative at work. The occurrence of two simultaneous psychogenic manifestations clearly suggested the need for psychotherapy. Either the severity of a symptom, emotional or physical, or the existence of two or more at the same time is an indication of the power of the unconscious conflict within."

Sorry for any confusion.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000