TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Did I get too personal?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  14:16:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am just wondering if I got too personal or freaked anyone out talking about what might be at the root of my TMS in the post called "Overdid exercise.." It's just that I used to get more replies when I first got on here, now it seems I am not getting as many...I was just answering to Dave's comment about important it is for me to focus on the psychological...I didn't mean to get too 'heavy..' I must admit I am missing hearing from many of you...I am still very vulnerable and very much in the middle of a bad bout with my neck and I need as much support from people who understand as I can get..just like so many on this forum...I am working hard and I don't want to stay stuck in this, believe me..I long for the day I am free of this and can just focus on helping others still struggling..

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  15:03:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Relax, it's Sunday and people are probably out enjoying the day.

Maybe you should consider doing the same ... remember, obsession is part of the syndrome
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  19:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear ya, Dave... and I wish I was up to going out, believe me...Being stuck inside is no fun...
Go to Top of Page

shari

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  00:25:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with you, Singer_Artist. I'm struggling as well, and reading your post help me realize I'm not alone in my pain. I've made some progress in the last week, and I know there is light at the end of the tunnel. DO keep posting, and tell us how your session went with Don Dubin.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

374 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  01:18:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are at the crossroads right now - the place where quite a few of us were at when we first we began the mind shift that allowed us to begin to heal. I look at it this way; if you post exactly what you are feeling regarding TMS, then
you will get reasonable people to discuss the issues you raise. This is what you did in your 'Overdid exercise post,'

On the exercise issue - I'd back off from it for a while. Do just what you know for sure is comfortable right now. There's no hurry.

Give your brain time to re-programme itself. That statement is probably completely unscientific, but it worked for me.

Go to Top of Page

Dj Hojo

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  07:34:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Singer, I have had the same experience you are having.

Give it time and do not rush yourself. The main thing to repeat to yourself out loud is that any pain you are feeling is a trick your brin is playing on you.

The first dozen times I exercised / did yard work / carried my kid around, the pain returned. So, I followed Dr. Sarno's advice and "talked to my brain" out loud. I literally stood in my garage and said "brain, I know you are playing a trick on me to stop me from focusing on emotional issues. I will not accept your trick and I want the pain to stop immediately".

After repeating this several times, the pain shifted to my lower back. It was then I knew I had it on the run and I was in control again....I started to laugh out loud at the pain and said "oh no, you aren't going to play cat and mouse with me!" So I stood there and the pain kept moving and I kept refusing to accept it. I eventually realized that if I stopped focusing on it, it would go away. That is what I did and the pain eventually went away.

Don't give up! This takes time. Keep at it and you will be successful!

dj hojo

“...there is such medical evidence supporting Dr. John Sarno that I just – I guess I kind of feel like wow, this guy could really save the world.”
-Howard Stern on a Larry King Live show devoted to Dr. Sarno.
Go to Top of Page

Fox

USA
496 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  10:26:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, DJ Hojo - that was very practical, helpful advice.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  10:35:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you friends for your great advice and support...I so appreciate it...I was feeling like I was spilling my guts too much, now I feel comfortable again thanx to your replies...God bless you all and please do stay in touch! I will let you know how my session with Don Dubin goes today!
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  13:05:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I so appreciate your advice DrHojo...it makes perfect sense...Going to try it right away!
Go to Top of Page

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  12:09:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will notice some entries have no replies at all on this board, including mine from time to time. Sometimes we don't have the answers and we have to move on.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  12:13:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx for your input Maryalma..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page