TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Don't give up
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flyefisher

48 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  19:00:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two and a half months ago I discovered TMS was the cause of my lower back pain. I'm back writing this because I want to share some good and bad, ups and downs so that maybe some of you can be inspired if you're feeling at all down.

At the time I discovered this, my condition was such that:

1. I could not bend over to brush my teeth. I had to kneel and use a cup.
2. I could not cut my grass.
3. I could not sit at all in a normal chair. Even 1 or 2 minutes could mean certain doom the next day.
4. My wife was probably going as nuts as I was living with such a depressed nutbag.

Since then I've taken my bike racing back by the horns. I must say that I've had a few bouts of pain and I suspect I'll have more. I ride now back at 150-200 miles a week, do regular yoga and all the normal household chores.

The more time goes on, the more confident you get in beating it down. I know when to expect it now because I am more conscious of what stresses me. You have to learn how to listen to what's bothering you and deal with it before it becomes a demon in your subconscious. Deal with things head on and you're a lot better off.

I feel great. I would not let this pain stand in my way of anything anymore. It comes and goes like the wind but I never cave to it. Sometimes it hurts bad but it is nothing to be feared. The more you bend to it, the more emboldened it becomes. That is key.

So if any of you are in doubt, don't ever give up. NEVER.

Be good.

-Jayson

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  22:39:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So if any of you are in doubt, don't ever give up. NEVER. Be good. -- Jayson

Hey Jayson,

Thanks for your post. Here are some of my other favorites. -Stryder

TMSers think and live in the extreme. -- floridaboy

Got Sarno? -- Stryder

there is no "I" in "team"...
but there is one in "winner"...
However there is no "U" !
-- Baseball65

Treating TMS means taking responsibility for your own healing. -- Dave

A few weeks ago I read Dr. Sarnos book and it was like being woken from a nightmare. -- ladyblue

Remember, once you have started on this journey to recovery - it is unstoppable. -- AnneG

My pain stays away until I start catastrophizing. -- Maryalma8

If you give up and don't be strong you're toast. -- saga

i said i want my anger to come back to where it belongs. -- liz

TMS is the volume control knob for the pain. -- Tennis Tom
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  00:25:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stryder,

Thanks for your contributions to the TMS Help Forum, the glossary you're putting together, and including my quote in your favorites.
I truly feel honored.

Cheers,
tt
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  00:32:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

CONGRATULATIONS FLYEFISHER ON YOUR PROPMT RECOVERY AND THANKS FOR SHARING IT HERE.

I'M SURE IT WILL ENCOURAGE OTHERS.
Go to Top of Page

flyefisher

48 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  02:31:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feels good to help. I know personally the despair this can cause and how important it is to stay focused. Success sometimes comes masked in occasional setbacks, but you have to realize this and always keep going. Believing and staying positive are key so if I can give a little of that to others then I've helped.
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  07:36:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flyefisher

I feel great. I would not let this pain stand in my way of anything anymore. It comes and goes like the wind but I never cave to it. Sometimes it hurts bad but it is nothing to be feared. The more you bend to it, the more emboldened it becomes. That is key.

That's a great way of putting it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000