TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 chest pains & dizziness turning in bed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  11:04:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am leaving for NY in 2 days and still learning keyboard parts for the concert and packing..The new relationship is not without stress either...I am a very social person and my mate has issues w/ all my male friends...I have always had more males in my life then females and he is an old fashioned New York Italian man...Other then that we are in bliss...I have more mixed emtions right now then EVER in my entire life..Anyone out there who believes in prayer, please pray for me...I am having intermittent chest pains, knee pain, and of course lots of neck issues including dizziness when I turn over in bed..This was something i had 2 years ago after a bad chiro adjustment..It healed, however, it seems to be coming back a bit..I am telling myself it is TMS and not my C1 out of alignment..etc. etc. ad nauseum..The body heals from injuries and nothing happened to bring this symptom back except my ENTIRE LIFE is changing b4 my eyes...
God bless,
Karen

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  14:09:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karen, It's just tms!! I get it from time to time and almost have to hold on to the bed. You don't feel it coming and everything goes upside down. Don't worry about it. I would worry more about your mate having problems with your male friends. Could be a big control issue. Best of luck to you, though. You had to know you would have symptoms before such a big move.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  22:08:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx Susie...Good to get confirmation from you about the TMS..it does take soooo many forms..Hugs to you!
Karen
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  04:08:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Susie

Karen, It's just tms!! I get it from time to time and almost have to hold on to the bed. You don't feel it coming and everything goes upside down. Don't worry about it. I would worry more about your mate having problems with your male friends. Could be a big control issue. Best of luck to you, though. You had to know you would have symptoms before such a big move.

I agree...Jealousy so early on is not a good sign in my opinion. It generally only gets worse. One's ethnic heritage is not a good reason or excuse..

Edited by - art on 09/11/2006 04:08:46
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  08:59:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear ya Art, but he is pretty darn wonderful...I think once I am there full time things will be fine...I have had other men wonder about all my guy pals b4 and it ended up being a good relationship after all...thanx for being my pal...:))
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  09:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jealousy is a normal emotion. In a way it's good that he doesn't repress it ;)

However, if jealousy turns into control, where it actually affects your friendships, then it's time to address the issue head on. Trust and honesty are important ingredients in any successful relationship.
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  09:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave

Jealousy is a normal emotion. In a way it's good that he doesn't repress it ;)

However, if jealousy turns into control, where it actually affects your friendships, then it's time to address the issue head on. Trust and honesty are important ingredients in any successful relationship.

If he's voicing his disapproval, it already is a form of attempted control.

Edited by - art on 09/11/2006 09:36:26
Go to Top of Page

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  10:02:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, that's how you turn a topic about dizziness into a topic about jealousy.

Karen, as you know my personal feeling regarding the guy is that anything that gets you to NY and working again is OK for now.

I know you well enough to know that

a) You guys ARE working through the jealousy issue, he knows when he's stepped over the line, and withdraws.

b) You can't and won't be contained. If he gets to be too controlling, you guys will deal with it or you will move on.

For now, enjoy the good parts and congrats on your new exciting life!!

Tell the TMS gremlin to just try to enjoy it, too, for god sake. No, seriously, I relate to the TMS issues. Just keep repeating to yourself "I now know that the symptoms are NOT physical in nature, but a HARMLESS condition instigated by the mind to distract from emotional issues."

Love ya'

Beth
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  10:57:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave,
You always make so much sense! Thanx for the true words of wisdom! I have had healthy jealousy toward him as well..Especially when he is doing gigs and the girls are throwing themselves at him..lol.:))

Art,
I do actually understand more and more where he was coming from...On myspace I have like 500 friends and there are comments on my page from men saying "i love you baby.." they are all JUST friends..but..in a new relationship for him to see this has got to be tough..If I did, i would react to..So i am cutting him some slack, especially because of all the great things we share..Time will tell..Thanx for caring about me! A big hug for you dear friend!!

Bethie,
Thanx girlfriend! Miss talking to you..Appreciate you being so patient w/ my being so absent right now...I still am learning songs, packing last minute, etc. etc...I'll call you after the concert and after settling in NY a bit..I will take your great advice..The TMS Gremlin is moving all over the place and I am onto her game! Hope things are going great for you!
Love you too!
Karen
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  11:04:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sarno says LOVE is a "cure" for TMS. Recent "TV" studies show that the "love hormone" is good for a year and then your on your own.

LOVE can be a very powerful TMS placebo distraction; made my hip feel better once.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  12:01:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx TT,
I think w/ me it will be a combo of LOVE and being back home again! Haven't seen family/friends back East in 3 long years...Still having some symtoms but it is empowering to be going ANYWAY! I think once the concert is behind me I will relax to an even deeper level..
Hope you're feeling well,
Karen
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  12:05:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tennis tom

Sarno says LOVE is a "cure" for TMS. Recent "TV" studies show that the "love hormone" is good for a year and then your on your own.

LOVE can be a very powerful TMS placebo distraction; made my hip feel better once.

Love can be amazingly powerful. I have a phobia about public speaking (the most common phobia as I understand it)...I would rather swallow nails than make a speech...Once though, in the throes of being in love, I got up and made a speech like I was born for such things...I was so fearless I think I could have done the opening monologue for Johnny Carson (I know I'm dating myself here...)..

But it was short lived of course...As soon as the relationship went south, so did my new found speaking skills

Edited by - art on 09/11/2006 12:12:42
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000