TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 looking for work but scared
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevin t

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  23:05:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lately, Ive been pondering going back to work. I have run out of money completely and I really want to work. Lately my TMS is at a minimum. Its still there but its hardly noticeable. I haven't worked a "job" for a long time, but I need money NOW. I'm scared to try for some reason. I think I will "hurt" myself or do "something" to put me out of commission again, but the fear is over ridden by my need for work.

After years of pain the fear is overwhelming at times. Should I just dive in and try it? I would be much happier if I did it and I actually had a life. Does anyone have any tips for me? I feel like I'm going into battle.

Littlebird

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  00:19:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you just dive in and try it and you end up with more pain, will you be any worse off than if you don't do it and avoid the risk (real or imagined) of more pain but don't have money to live on?
Go to Top of Page

alexis

USA
596 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  10:42:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am facing the same situation right now. I think I'm ready to go back to work since my RSI seems better, but I'm not really facing work type typing requirements. I type for periods of about 30 minutes at a time, but then go off and do other things. And the typing isn't as constant as at work. But even so, the progress so far is amazing and promising.

So my decision is to go to work part time at first. But I have also decided through things I have learned in this process that I want to spend time doing things on my own (like art or theater or whatever) and that I want to work on a career change. So I am really balancing the need for money with the need to do other life fulfilling things. And also not pushing myself so hard.

But I'm at the same point as you in this process and haven't actually started a new job, so I don't know in 6 months whether or not I'll feel it was the right decision.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000